Very strange User001. I'm getting your replies on emails from F4A, but I can't see them on this thread!

Anyway I'm now able to see my report and can confirm 9 return flights with 2 night stoppers.

I deleted them as I realised it was indeed the same story last winter. I had it in my head that last winter it was 8 daily with 9 on Fri, with the 2nd night stoppers only on 2/3 days a week.

They have brought in Qatar Airways to run a normal schedule for short haul, so, the only cancellations should be ad-hoc things like weather.

9 A320/A321 have been wet leased from Qatar to cover the strike action.

Whilst not directly Manchester related the following Qatar A320s are currently on station or on the way to LHR for BA strike breaking

A7-LAA

A7-ADA

A7-ADB

A7-ADC

A7-ADD

A7-ADE

A7-ADF

A7-ADG

No A321s yet

I think it could be worth amalgamating all the BA threads under one title to keep up to date with the news. This is because although there are a few BA brands, they are all booked via the one site, and all operate with a BA flight number.

To kick off the amalgamation:

BA sun Air to re-start Gothenburg from 1st August:

BA8233 GOT 1650 MAN 1850
BA8234 MAN 1920 GOT 2130

Operates daily ex Sat with DO328 jet. Not bookable yet.

The list of winter routes for Cityflyer will comprise of Chambery, Salzburg and London City.

Thread sorted. The BA Cityflyer and BA threads have been merged.

Also, great to see Gothenburg served again. Any idea when Salzburg will inaugurate?

Last edited:
Slow and steady is the right term, but, it's paying off.

BA by the end of the year will serve 12 destinations using the BA brand:

London Heathrow
London City
Nice
Alicante
Malaga
Ibiza
Palma Majorca
Mykonos
Salzburg
Chambery
Billund
Gothenburg

The list then jumps to 14 with the following IAG airlines routes:

Dublin (Aer Lingus)
Cork (Aer Lingus)
Madrid (Iberia)
Barcelona (Vueling)

(I have deliberately omitted Tenerife and Rome as extra destinations with Vueling due to the routes ending this summer)

And lastly, 20 with OneWorld and/or full BA codeshare:

Doha (Qatar)
Hong Kong (Cathay Pacific)
Helsinki (Finnair)
New York JFK (AA)
Chicago (AA)
Philidelphia (AA)

It's getting there. Slowly but surely, it's getting there. But I bet many thought hell would have frozen over before BA operated 12 routes from Manchester again!

Got to keep building that brand, keep offering those codeshares and JV routes, collect that data and establish your market.

Meanwhile, get your house in order. Organisationally, get your staff on the right contracts, get the right aircraft for the market size, pick your niche, construct your strategy.

Before you know it, you're offering the same market on BA branded metal...

Finally got hold of the SZG times, so, this is the full schedule of the winter citiflyer base:

Friday
BA7310 LCY 2030 MAN 2130

Saturday
BA7327 MAN 0655 CMF 0955
BA7328 CMF 1055 MAN 1200
BA7329 MAN 1315 SZG 1625
BA7330 SZG 1700 MAN 1830

Sunday:
BA4511 MAN 0745 CMF 1045
BA4512 CMF 1135 MAN 1240
BA7311 MAN 1330 LCY 1430

There will also be a BA4511/2 CMF on Saturdays using an aircraft that positions to/from EDI. Times similar to the Sunday one.

Billund has been increased to 13 weekly with extra flights on Wed/Thu, making those days 3 daily.

No sign of Gothenburg yet, but that route has been loaded into Chroma and ready to go. The nature of sun air means there is usually little time between announcement and route starting, so, nothing to worry about yet.

The 2nd Saturday Chambery has now changed to be a Verona flight.

BA4513 MAN 0700 VRN 1020
BA4514 VRN 1140 MAN 1305

E190

Aircraft positions to/from EDI.

Do we know how BA are doing?

Apparently the BHX flights have not done that we'll according to a Bristol poster on fruit.

The London City flights are a bit light but as they are glorified positioning flights with such rubbish schedules, I don't think BA will be loosing sleep over the loads.

All the other routes are ahead of expectation, hence MAN seeing the weekend based being extended into the winter.

The Winter programme offers LCY-MAN on Friday evening and MAN-LCY on Sunday afternoon. Provides for a decent weekend trip to MAN for a London-based commuter. The Summer timetable (Thursday to Sunday) just can't offer that. So the Winter LCY-MAN weekenders could just fill up a bit?

I would love to see a regular LCY-MAN flight akin to Glasgow and Edinburgh. Maybe 1 per day with two per day north on Friday and two per day south on Sunday for the weekend base?

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock