Aceshigh

Nov 24, 2015
Apologies if there was a KU thread, cast thru but couldn't see one.

2nd rumour of KU inside 6 months.

Cannot see it "unless" they switch from SNN AND then decided to drop the route into MAN on a return. 50/50 split ?

Plus do they have 5th freedom ?

I think KU is definitely a possibility for a three weekly terminator service - given the increasing Kuwait tourism in the UK and their expansion which will offer onward connections around the large ME market from MAN.

I also believe a large aspect is cargo.

Cant get 5th freedom to/from the States due to inability to handle Israeli passengers ( or rather Israeli passport holders) even if just doing MAN-USA-MAN.

More Middle Eastern gossip (from airliners.net):
Other KU updates! It will retire 4 A340 and 3 A320 aircrafts end of March, And will retire 2 B777-200 & 1 747-400 in July, Madrid, Manchester, Malaga, Zurich, Bangalore will be new routes served by KU some later this summer.

Do we know origin of this?
Idle speculation or tangible source
ie airline or local media?

The exact quote on a.net when it was floated up "3 months ago" (as of today) was

"KU has been syaing in local media that it will add extra NewYork flights reopen seasonal Malaga and Fly to Madrid add Manchester plus Tokyo"

I think it is the same poster, but beside this there are snippets in local media and our friend - user- has mentioned it. They are certainly in growth mode.

The same poster of the original said that they are adding Madrid, Manchester and Los Angeles and Malaga seasonal.

They seem pretty in touch with the goings on of Kuwait and MAN has appearedagain.

Breaking News: Daily Kuwait Airlines flight operating from 26th March 2017, awaiting DOT approval. Boeing 777-300ER 1415-1625, according to AlphaFive

I think KU's present JFK has a tech stop in SNN. I think this replaces that stop (assuming they cannot go non stop).

Obviously KU have their reasons for switching from SNN to MAN.

So you are expecting a daily 773 that cannot drop or pick up pax top start in two weeks time !!!!!
Yes because they are switching the current stop from SNN. The New York flight is existing and has is already bookable. They are simply switching the point at which it transfers.

Hopefully this could develop into an actual flight to KWI but this is possibly what the rumours were about.

From a posting on pprune, it sounds as if MAN got this transit flight as no slots were available at LHR or LGW.
Another post suggests that KU are still hoping to get clearance from the US for the flight to go direct.

I'm not sure we should read too much into it as far as MAN getting its own service is concerned. To me, that is a separate issue which KU may or may not address, although some reports indicate we may be on the radar.

Yes, KU do want to go direct to New York but the security is an issue. I don't think it is a certain sign of a standalone service but it shows a relationship between the airport and the airline, and we know that Kuwait service to Manchester has been rumoured.

Would Kuwait, move the flight to route via MAN - foot in the door, then seek to secure passenger rights? As its mentioned earlier Kuwait have long been rumoured

I believe Kuwait are looking at standalone MAN flights, supposed to be for September, so yes I would edge towards agreeing with you @SV02SVJ. Even if not, if they happen to be pleased with the airport, they could move to terminator flights or using MAN as a transit to LAX (a destination KU have been looking at)

Does anybody know if preclearance remains open after say 1400. I thought it closed by may be wrong.

Rights from MAN would be splendid . For this kind of service Aka SIA. Only need a 50% LF.

I'm not sure @Aceshigh , one would think it would be beneficial to keep it open until at least 1500, to diversify the TATL departures a bit. The VS BOS flight leaves at 1435 this year.

I think it is in preparation for a standalone service from MAN, hopefully starting around September (which has been rumoured for a while). I also hear from a reliable source that is so both that and the transit flight could be done with one set of staff, out of MAN.

Although, the rights on this service would be amazing and a unique way to get to JFK, as of yet it doesn't stop both ways.

They WON'Tget any MAN-USA rights as they are barred from 5th freedom traffic due to them not being able to accept Israeli passports, regardless if they passengers are doing MAN-USA-MAN only

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock