Like lbaspotter says, do the on-line survey and air your views. I got the distinct impression from the stuff handed out at the meeting and subsequent discussions that the 17 will run in addition to the 97, and not replace it. Sherburnflyer92...yes I understand your comments about rush hour traffic. No route this side of Leeds is easy at rush hour. It is not just about rush hour traffic though. Opening up new journey opportunities and links is always welcome.

I am somewhat puzzled why a discussion on a possible new bus route, No17 is on this thread - will the new route, if it happens take in the airport?

In a sensible / developed country with a bit of joined up thinking the 97,19 (and probably others) would serve Horsforth station, with a 'metro frequency' on the train line. People who wanted to get to/from Leeds would get the bus to there then get a train which will get there faster than any of the road options, especially in rush-hour.

I have wondered in the past if the quickest way to Headingley in the rush hour is to get the train to Horsforth then get the 6 back down through Holt Park and into Headingley, rather than battle it up through Hyde Park in the traffic. I suspect any time you could save would be lost waiting for the bus.

Neither of the options seems to give any public transport option to the airport from Headingley / West Park either. It's drive or taxi, unless you get a bus into Leeds then the airport bus!

Yorkshire Tiger's first of 6+ new ADL Enviro 200MMC buses for the Flying tiger 737 & 747 Bradford - Airport - Harrogate services have started to enter service today.
Good news is that the fleet of 5+ Optare Versa buses that work the 757 Leeds - Airport route are also now in the process of been refurbished and repainted into the new livery as well

Source: https://www.flickr.com/photos/56143264@N05/35205532530/in/dateposted-public/

35205532530_fde323d143_b.jpg

Last edited:
Like lbaspotter says, do the on-line survey and air your views. I got the distinct impression from the stuff handed out at the meeting and subsequent discussions that the 17 will run in addition to the 97, and not replace it. Sherburnflyer92...yes I understand your comments about rush hour traffic. No route this side of Leeds is easy at rush hour. It is not just about rush hour traffic though. Opening up new journey opportunities and links is always welcome.
Although the 97 bus doesn't serve LBA (unless you fancy the walk), just to clarify, the new 17 route will replace the 97 route, not run in addition to it. It is one or the other, not both.

Yorkshire Tiger have done a deal so that it will accept Transdev Harrogate's tickets on 747 Flyingtiger buses running to the airport from Harrogate and the area's around it including Knaresborough.

http://harrogatebus.co.uk/news.jsp?newsID=1975

FLYING FROM LEEDS BRADFORD AIRPORT? IT'S TIME TO GO ALL-INCLUSIVE

Leeds Bradford Airport opens up a world of amazing holiday destinations, right on our doorstep - from sunny Spain to the beaches in Bulgaria, the romance of Paris to the hustle & bustle of Berlin.

You're going all-inclusive for your holiday - so why not start with getting to the airport?

We're bringing your getaway closer to you by teaming up with our friends at Flying Tiger to bring you an incredible combined ticket deal if you're travelling from in and around Harrogate to the airport.

You can now buy a combined ticket on any Harrogate Bus Company Little Explorers bus from within our Harrogate Plus Zone and travel to the airport with your ticket using Yorkshire Tiger's 747.

The Harrogate Plus Zone covers the whole of Harrogate and Knaresborough, and extends all the way to Ripley and Harewood Bridge on the 36 and Wetherby on the 70 & 71.

There's no longer any need to fork out for extortionate parking charges at the airport - and prices are much, much cheaper than paying for a taxi.

Adult
Single £4
Return £6.80

Child
Single £1.50
Return £2

Group (up to 5 people)
Single £6
Return £9

Return tickets are valid for up to 28 days, so sit back, relax, and let us kickstart your holiday in style. Simply ask your driver for a ticket to the airport when you get onto the bus.

Follow and tweet us with your holiday pictures! Find us @harrogatebus.

transdev-tiger-1-email.jpg

Yorkshire Tiger have done a deal so that it will accept Transdev Harrogate's tickets on 747 Flyingtiger buses running to the airport from Harrogate and the area's around it including Knaresborough.

http://harrogatebus.co.uk/news.jsp?newsID=1975

FLYING FROM LEEDS BRADFORD AIRPORT? IT'S TIME TO GO ALL-INCLUSIVE

Leeds Bradford Airport opens up a world of amazing holiday destinations, right on our doorstep - from sunny Spain to the beaches in Bulgaria, the romance of Paris to the hustle & bustle of Berlin.

You're going all-inclusive for your holiday - so why not start with getting to the airport?

We're bringing your getaway closer to you by teaming up with our friends at Flying Tiger to bring you an incredible combined ticket deal if you're travelling from in and around Harrogate to the airport.

You can now buy a combined ticket on any Harrogate Bus Company Little Explorers bus from within our Harrogate Plus Zone and travel to the airport with your ticket using Yorkshire Tiger's 747.

The Harrogate Plus Zone covers the whole of Harrogate and Knaresborough, and extends all the way to Ripley and Harewood Bridge on the 36 and Wetherby on the 70 & 71.

There's no longer any need to fork out for extortionate parking charges at the airport - and prices are much, much cheaper than paying for a taxi.

Adult
Single £4
Return £6.80

Child
Single £1.50
Return £2

Group (up to 5 people)
Single £6
Return £9

Return tickets are valid for up to 28 days, so sit back, relax, and let us kickstart your holiday in style. Simply ask your driver for a ticket to the airport when you get onto the bus.

Follow and tweet us with your holiday pictures! Find us @harrogatebus.

transdev-tiger-1-email.jpg

Following previous discussions regarding bus changes in NW Leeds and in particular the 97 bus, I have had an email today from my councillor stating the proposal now is to retain the 97 route as it is, and it will operate every 20 minutes during the day. More interesting though is the current 19A route, to Tinshill, will be extended via Horsforth and Rawdon to Yeadon - presumably Morrisons. It won't go to the airport sadly but not too far away for anyone who fancies the walk.

Following previous discussions regarding bus changes in NW Leeds and in particular the 97 bus, I have had an email today from my councillor stating the proposal now is to retain the 97 route as it is, and it will operate every 20 minutes during the day. More interesting though is the current 19A route, to Tinshill, will be extended via Horsforth and Rawdon to Yeadon - presumably Morrisons. It won't go to the airport sadly but not too far away for anyone who fancies the walk.

I read it was to assist users of the Trinity & All Saints campus in Horsforth. The airport always seems to get forgot during these bus route reviews?

Problem been the airport won't allow other competing local bus services (eg 19A, 33A, 97) operated by the likes of First bus onto the airport property.
This is due to its private deals with Metro, The West Yorkshire combined authority which sees the airport pumping money into Yorkshire Tiger (737, 747, 757) and Transdev (967) services as part of its transport plan.

• The airport doesn't have any particular love affair with any bus company but yes, it obviously puts money into those operating into the terminal and which bus company that is, is determined by tender. Next time, it could be First Bus again. It will be down to them to put in a tender that beats the opposition and delivers the required service, which hasn't always been the case in the past, irrespective of who operates there.

Looks like they finally listened to the likes of me who suggested changes around Rawdon after all!!!

Looks like they finally listened to the likes of me who suggested changes around Rawdon after all!!!

From what I've heard and not confirmed by anyone the MON-SAT (Peak daytime only) 19A route is going to take even longer to get into Leeds than current 97 service. Especially with it been routed around Rawdon Crossroads A65/A658 Junction instead of going up Canada Hill. Also been told that is going to turn around at Yeadon Harper Lane (Morrison's) and may or may not go down town street..

Re the 19A. It is not just about people getting into Leeds any quicker. It is more about residents on Town Street in Rawdon actually being able to get to the Health Centre, Dentist, Library, Sainsburys and the shops around Rawdon Crossroads. A direct bus to Horsforth station will be a big bonus!!

Haha. Even though its nothing to do with the airport I'll have me last comment

Will be interesting to see the new revised timetable for the 19A. Lets hope it dose not will run either 5 mins before a no97 or 5 mins after. Also if journeys continue to run half empty between Horsforth and Yeadon (especially now with an increase from 3 to 5 buses an hour) it i'll give First Leeds a good reason to make changes yet again further down line, reason been due to low passenger usage and complaints.

Last edited:
I just don't get it and completely with you lbapsotter. It is way of simply saying 'not enough people use it, complaints are high so what we shall do is cancel the service'.

If they were thinking about the students; then surely it would be better to launch a new university service from Trinity to Leeds, and make the 97 journeys limited stopping.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock