At least that is proof it exists! Looking very quiet, but LBA management say that last summer at peak times it was full as there are only 50 spaces. I don't think it was envisaged that many people would leave their car there and go to the terminal with departing passengers, but would simply drop them there and leave. As Aviador said, LBA were obliged to provide this facility but it can be located wherever they wish to put it. Even if it is at the farthest corner of the long stay car park, it is more than some airports provide. I believe that in the summer, the number of car park shuttle buses increases, so the frequency of the buses will increase also. In winter I think they only use the one bus?

what happens if you exceed the one hour free period in this car park ? how much will it cost for how long ?
Unless this has changed it becomes long stay day rate. I'm not aware of any but there is likely to be some grace period.

If you are sitting in the car waiting to pick up from a delayed arrival, there's nothing to stop you exiting the car park before the 60 minutes is up and returning straight away for another free hour, though. ;)
(Or at least there wasn't when I last did it).

But if it is going to be remote from the terminal now and you have to rely on a bus to get there you won’t be happy if you go over the hour by a small amount and end up with £30 to pay.

The car park team used to show some descretion when people went just over the time allowance. Whether this is still the case I don't know.

If you are sitting in the car waiting to pick up from a delayed arrival, there's nothing to stop you exiting the car park before the 60 minutes is up and returning straight away for another free hour, though. ;)
(Or at least there wasn't when I last did it).

You can't do that as the car park operates number plate recognition, specifically to stop people going out and coming straight back in.

Maybe Jet2 summer 19 going on sale and info about their new routes from LBA!!
Possible but I'm thinking an official launch of the new lounges?

Or both. Having said that, LBA management did say that the new Jet2 routes from LBA would be announced at a later date (suggesting they may not be included in the initial summer 2019 launch).

Hi all

Good news I've just finished producing the LBASpotters.net in association with Forum4airports - Leeds/Bradford Airport Summer 2018 timetable. Its the biggest booklet I've produced so far and its took me the longest time with it having 28 pages. As always it covers details of all planned scheduled and charter flights..

You can purchase online now for £3 (includes postage - Royal Mail 2nd class) using the following website address..

https://rossbailey001.wixsite.com/lba2018timetable

View attachment 8354

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock