Ground power pick-ups is being installed this year at stands 1-3 and 51-53, 4- 7 will be completed next year. This will remove the need at these stands for the diesel units.

With the announcement of a Jet2 base from March next year, are there any plans to extend the terminal or even refurbish any areas?
I haven't been to Liverpool airport for about 5 years, but last time when I used Ryanair there, we boarded the aircraft from a gate which looked like it was located in a giant portakabin?

When I've used Easyjet in the past, we have been "inside" the terminal building, so to speak.
It just feels it needs more room these days, especially if the immigration hall is still the same? More then 2/3 flights landing at the same time and your queuing outside!

The border force area is to get some work done to it this winter to increase space. As to other areas I don't know, but I'd imagine there would be plans. The check in , departure lounge and security check area are spacious, so hopefully they will be concentrating on the areas needed.

Good news ref the immigration hall.
I wonder if the gates were Ryanair normally board from will be changed too? This is really dated now!
Liverpool airport isn't predominantly as low cost as it used to be and I imagine these gates are shared with other airlines too and will be with Jet2 from next year.

Good news ref the immigration hall.
I wonder if the gates were Ryanair normally board from will be changed too? This is really dated now!
Liverpool airport isn't predominantly as low cost as it used to be and I imagine these gates are shared with other airlines too and will be with Jet2 from next year.

I hope so, they need some attention. I would expect anything to happen in the quieter winter months.

The airport has won its appeal against Halton BC, to construct a solar farm on land owned by the airport company. It will product 3 Mw of power and reduce emissions by 20 % . The target is carbon neutral by 2040. Quite my Halton BC should object to this in the first place is rather baffling, however the airport can now move forward and do something to reduce emissions they produce.

Some terminal development to happen, 6 new security scanning machines will be installed . 2 new gates to be created, plus the flows through the westerly gates are being altered so help with queues . Two new check-ins being added in addition to the Jet2 check-ins. Expanded border-force area, E-Gates will now be installed later in 2025, when new style E Gates come into effect, the border-force area will be expanded again by then.

Some terminal development to happen, 6 new security scanning machines will be installed . 2 new gates to be created, plus the flows through the westerly gates are being altered so help with queues . Two new check-ins being added in addition to the Jet2 check-ins. Expanded border-force area, E-Gates will now be installed later in 2025, when new style E Gates come into effect, the border-force area will be expanded again by then.
Good to see Border Force area being expanded..It has been a let down for the airport for some time now. Very welcome.

Good to see Border Force area being expanded..It has been a let down for the airport for some time now. Very welcome.
Yes its not the best, so good to hear.

Stand space is fine at present for based aircraft, however with anticipated Jet2 expansion , land from the fire station east will be used. XLR is wanted to kept in the central area as much as possible, as this is good business for the airport.

hopefully should help anyone else who happens to start flights to Liverpool too. 4 new airlines in 2024, who says no to more?

hopefully should help anyone else who happens to start flights to Liverpool too. 4 new airlines in 2024, who says no to more?
Are there any plans to extend the terminal facilities or is the terminal already large enough to facilitate planned future growth?

Good news ref the planned improvements.
Are there any plans for the baggage reclaim area to be extended?

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock