Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary777

Jun 1, 2019
West Mids
Whenever I went along to the airport spotters shop I used to buy a monthly flight movement document for around 50p which was very useful. Is there another way of receiving these listings, either by subscribing monthly or downloading at a fee, rather than having to visit the airport. Thanks Gary

Whenever I went along to the airport spotters shop I used to buy a monthly flight movement document for around 50p which was very useful. Is there another way of receiving these listings, either by subscribing monthly or downloading at a fee, rather than having to visit the airport. Thanks Gary

Yep remember it well - a chap called Adrian Myatt used to do it for several years, what ever happened to him.

E.

Ade Myatt is still around and a member of my BHX group
Contact me if you would like to join
BHX still produced the monthly movements until recently
You could subscribe and they posted it to you !
I know Matt does a great job in replicating this

I would love to communicate with him, as he may remember me from the mil airfield map books I created and he brought off me, also a book prospect for Birmingham Airport Diversions - I completed all the prep work for that book and Ade was going to do the rest.

E.

What nice posts, Ive still got some of those old monthly time tables tucked away in the back of the wardrobe showing the likes of Spantax, Aviaco, Wardair, JAT and of course Monarch etc, happy times.

What nice posts, Ive still got some of those old monthly time tables tucked away in the back of the wardrobe showing the likes of Spantax, Aviaco, Wardair, JAT and of course Monarch etc, happy times.
Interesting. I was talking about the A4 white sheets of a few years sgo, but the folded red and blue I remember well and still have one from around 1973. Gary

Oh yes I remember these! Sold at the counter and do I also remember a cafe opposite the counter too? Such great memories as a child. I used to pray that one month I'd see a 747 on the front sheet that listed all the plane types. It never happened with the copies I purchased!

Oh yes I remember these! Sold at the counter and do I also remember a cafe opposite the counter too? Such great memories as a child. I used to pray that one month I'd see a 747 on the front sheet that listed all the plane types. It never happened with the copies I purchased!
No 747 but there used to be the S VC10 to New York.

The product I created was in A5 paper/clipped type - I named it Military Aircarft of Britain inside was a map of said airfield with info about it including viewing loactions, I set it out alphabeticaly starting with Aberporth (I think) I did about 50 copies I think and sold them to AJ at the hobby center.

E.

No 747 but there used to be the S VC10 to New York.

I well remember the Super VC10s and bunking off work as as a spotty apprentice at the BSA in Small Heath to see them, they originally operated via Manchester and then Prestwick before BOAC gave up due to abismal loads.

Last edited:
Remember the first 747 I saw at BHX was an Aer Lingus from Cardiff diversion that was coming over for the Rugby, EI-ASJ stood on the car park roof then headed down to the spiral steps, happy days

I think I am a bit too young to remember the VC10s. My first 747 was an Olympic Airways and I was down at Marston Green with quite a few people! I have photographs somewhere!

For anybody wishing to view Ian's site, his website address is in his signature. This thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock