It has been mentioned over on that other forum that Florida has had a 50% plus rebooking rate and that many flights to Orlando for summer 2021 are already sold out. Coupled with the fact that Brs was originally selling as a twice weekly service it may well be plausible that the flights are operating weekly but are sold out. Who knows , they may bring back the second weekly flight of all goes well
I was just about to post the same thing.

The timetable is uneven from May onwards - it's not every two weeks. Departure dates:

May 8th and 29th
June 5th and 12th
July 17th
August 21st and 28th
September 18th and 25th
October 2nd, 9th and 23rd

I presume that this year they have returned to the procedure where the aircraft goes to Scotland from mid June to mid July as school holidays are earlier there.

Cancun is once weekly from the end of March and in April then 2 x weekly (Thurs and Sun) from May to October albeit the Sunday flight takes a break from mid June till mid July for Scotland.

The odd thing is though that all dates for Cancun are shown as available with none presumably sold out yet.

Thursday 17 December 2020

Today's flight to Lanzarote, TOM 6464, at 0940 appears to have operated via Exeter according to the BRS website departures page.

According to a poster on the Dried Plum TUI will base 737MAX 8 aircraft at MAN, LGW, BHX and BRS this summer. I post this in good faith but have no way of confirming it.

Wed 3 March 2021
Another TUI aircraft arrived at BRS today. This will be "stored" alongside the other TUI aircraft until they're required for flying operations again.
The aircraft arriving today is B737-800 (G-TUKO) and had been in entry-to-service maintenance in Luton after transferring from TUI fly Germany (ex- D-ATYC) lat month.

This means the following aircraft are now at BRS:

B738 (4)
G-FDZD - stored since 08-Nov-20
G-FDZU - stored since 04-Jan-21
G-TUKM - stored since 21-Jan-21 (aircraft was previously with TUI fly Germany as D-ATYH and transferred to TUI UK on the 04-Jan-21)
G-TUKO - arrived 03-Mar-21 (aircraft was previously with TUI fly Germany as D-ATYC and transferred to TUI UK on the 15-Feb-21)

B788 (1)
G-TUIE - stored since 13-Nov-20

Google flights indicating that the 787 is scheduled to be used on weds pmi and fri dlm.
So does Rhodes on a weds am
Fri am pmi will also be on the 787
I can't remember how this compares with the originally planned summer 2020 787 usage when a 787 was to be permanently based throughout the summer operating every day compared with 5 days a week in the summers before that.

Although the 5 days a week programme allowed some short-haul routes fitted in between the 4 x weekly transatlantic flights, the daily 787 for 2020 had increased the number of short-haul journeys it would operate between the transatlantic routes.

Thu 18 Mar 2021
Two more TUI aircraft should arrive in BRS today making 7x TUI aircraft on the ground (5xB738, 1x38M, 1xB788)

B38M (G-TUMA) should arrive from MAN this morning as TOM908P
B738 (G-TUKN) should arrive from LTN this morning as TOM907P (aircraft was previously with TUI fly Germany as D-ATUI and transferred to TUI UK on the 10-Feb-21)

Summer 2021

It is reported in the Express that Tui will only operate from 4 UK airports from May 17th until May 27th.

The airports are Gatwick, Manchester, Birmingham and Bristol.

For Bristol, Cancun will not operate this summer as Tui have cancelled all flights to Mexico until end of October.

Link to report below:-

Tui to Fly from Just four airports

Summer 2021

It is reported in the Express that Tui will only operate from 4 UK airports from May 17th until May 27th.

The airports are Gatwick, Manchester, Birmingham and Bristol.

For Bristol, Cancun will not operate this summer as Tui have cancelled all flights to Mexico until end of October.

Link to report below:-

Tui to Fly from Just four airports
I believe that these are the four biggest UK TUI bases, although I stand to be corrected.

Yes i did read back along that BRS was 1 of TUI biggest bases. There is talk of them expanding in BRS when this covid 19 settles down.

To warn off Jet2?
Possibly but TUI had instigated a big base increase for summer 2020 until the pandemic came along. Four narrow-bodies had been increased to six narrow-bodies and the part-based B787 (five days a week in previous summers) had become fulltime. This was largely in response to the disappearance of Thomas Cook that had three aircraft based at BRS.

Jet2 is also looked upon as a replacement for Thomas Cook to a large degree so there might be some jockeying for position in that respect.

Suprised they have not announced FNC to operate 2x weekly as they have done at other TUI bases,but Faro is good.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock