Nor is it my cup of tea. I once had a ***Links to other Social Media platforms are not permitted***- and Twitter but I was hacked and content was altered and I have since been locked out. A lesson learnt and I do not miss it, can't quite understand why I bothered.

There is the 'private conversation ' facility if any of us wish to exchange matters deemed not pertinent to open forum.

In my view, a far superior platform is F4A.

My favourite war films generally do not feature the fighting or battles, rather stories within the background. A recent watch was Night of the General's with Peter O'Toole basically about a civil crime being pursued by a detective post war with a cadre of German Generals being investigated. I really do recommend this film.

54 Days: China and the Pandemic.

A must watch. Put it at the top of your list.

China should be punished for their downplay and cover up.
I've just noticed that my Virgin TV box is recording this for me as a 'suggestion'. I will watch it, but I'm annoyed that it has chosen to record it from BBC 2 instead of BBC 2 HD.
Also, I saw something on YouTube yesterday where the Chinese are now denying that the virus originated in China.

Kevin

The Chinese State will undoubtedly suffer a backlash but with a typically Western subtlety , one of quiet withdrawal of interaction with only the debt being a reason for contact. End result being the potential collapse of Communism as a Billion people rise up as economic failure grips a proud nation. No need for Trumpism or noise of any kind.

A well constructed programme and confirmed what was widely reported in the early days of the Pandemic. The Chinese Government cover up and the disappearance of their Scientists that finally raised the alarm to the West, having been told not to. The Sunday Times carried an extensive report on this back in early February last year. It confirmed much of what this programme covered.

Im watching the same as you Ray. I like fred,the only thing is the health and safety would kick in big time if he were still doing the same line of work unless he has his feet on the ground.

Im watching the same as you Ray. I like fred,the only thing is the health and safety would kick in big time if he were still doing the same line of work unless he has his feet on the ground.

I think he's brilliant, although some of those rickety wooden ladders at the top of chimneys make my stomach churn.

Iron Bridge and The Black Country Living Museum are featured, both fantastic places to visit.

A few months ago I watched some old Fred Dibnah programmes on Youtube. He was an enthusiast in everything he did.

His steeplejack 'day job' produced some amazing tv content. I watched spellbound when he climbed 300 foot chimney towers and other towers sometimes building the ladder in sections above him as he ascended. There is at least one climb where near the top he had to negotiate an overhang.

My father worked for Somerset County Council after WW2 driving steamrollers with road gangs. I have a vague memory when very young of being taken by my mother to a site near our home where he was rolling a road. The sight and sound of the huge steamroller frightened me to death. Eventually, as with rail, steam gave way to diesel and he ended working for a contractor driving big diesel road rollers.

To my dad it was a job and he was never an enthusiast about steam traction in the way Fred was.

I have just discovered a re run of a gem. Elizabeth R with Glenda Jackson as the great Queen. I was fascinated when I watched it when at school and it triggered my interest in Constitutional Law and history. BBC4 @ 9p.m. tonight Wednesday 17th Feb, Episode 1/6.

Dinosaurs: The Final Day With David Attenborough

Did anyone else watch this? I's absolutely fascinating (as is all of the work of Sir David and his teams over the years). I've had it recorded from BBC1 HD for a few days, but only just got around to watching it. It's available on BBC iPlayer and I highly recommend it.

Kevin

Been watching the reboot of Frasier, considering it’s set in the present day there’s a scene at Boston Airport and there’s an Alitalia MD-11 parked at the gate!

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock