I can't see them returning to BHX anytime soon. They obviously have other markets they want to try out, and outside of the UK is probably wise for now, with a concentration on growing STN. Most people on the continent won't know anything about the disastrous startup.
For some reason the 737-800 is still being used on some EWR flights. There's either 1 a/c out of service or its crewing issues.
New York, BOS, IAD and Canada are key North American destinations. It's probably better for them to concentrate on those routes from different EU origins that try smaller US markets from the same airports.

I think BHX can forget Primera as they have moved onto announcing other major European cities, great shame as they could have been great for BHX.
But got it wrong and we have paid the price, I still dont believe it was down to booking numbers.

Hopefully now BHX can make an effort to attract US airlines back to BHX.

Delta to JFK will do nicely thanks and at the minuite i dont even care if its on an old 757, anything is surely better than 1: Primera Air and 2: BHX not served directly to New York.

Or United making a return. I would welcome either with open arms tomorrow. :cautious:

Could a mod maybe move posts #1622-1625 over to the Route Development thread? It is indeed interesting to hear about IndiGo but I don't see what they have to do with Primera...just saying

Could a mod maybe move posts #1622-1625 over to the Route Development thread? It is indeed interesting to hear about IndiGo but I don't see what they have to do with Primera...just saying

Yeah i was thinking the same but i think BHXsupporter just thought low cost long haul airline using an A321Neo and Primera Air came into his head, it is easily done. :whistle:

No standing still. Primera now announced services from Madrid , usual routes starting July and August with again shiny MAX 9

No standing still. Primera now announced services from Madrid , usual routes starting July and August with again shiny MAX 9
To save them the effort:

Press release September 2023

Primera announces transatlantic routes from Halfpenny Green.

The new routes to New York, Boston and Toronto are the 785th such services to be announced by us since we started doing this 6 year's ago.

"All of our previous announcements have been met by widespread media coverage and a significant level of feedback by customers.

We hope the residents of Heathton and Bobbington will enjoy the idea that they could fly from their local airport to some of the most exciting cities in the world.

We are ordering new aircraft to support our expansion programme."

Another website has an internal email suggesting that Primera will file for bankruptcy tomorrow.

Whilst they were a complete shambles at BHX I definitely take no joy in it coming to this and do feel for those who have lost their jobs, I hope that they can find new employment quickly.

Another website has an internal email suggesting that Primera will file for bankruptcy tomorrow.

Whilst they were a complete shambles at BHX I definitely take no joy in it coming to this and do feel for those who have lost their jobs, I hope that they can find new employment quickly.
Whilst I am really sorry for the good people who will lose their jobs, I cannot say I'm sorry for the abomination of an airline who treated myself and my wife with contempt.I for one will not miss them!!

OY-PSE is currently on it's way to Malaga, it will be interesting to see if it operates the return flight back to the UK.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

That time of the year again. The Eurovision 2024
UTFD Step 4 here Come First Away day and the best day of my life
Technically the 14th anniversary of me working at my present job. Tuesday after the May Day bank holiday is when I started .. last Saturday was the actual anniversary.
Whipee it's Friday!
Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock