we also have

EZY25OW / U2705 MAN-BFS G-EZRX
EXS34W / LS186 ACE-GLA G-JZBM

QTR1E / QR15 DOH-LHR A7-BEX
RYR7FZ / FR3718 BUD-STN SP-RNB

TOM1LN / BY803 SSH-GLA G-TUMW

Last edited:
And another fuel emergency from GLA.
I reckon that's 15 diverts for the day counting our own BFS returning. Hats off to the MAN team.
It's not as if there is a lot of spare apron space, more so with the TP and airfield work in progress and some stands unavailable.

What a contrast to the "No-Div" NOTAM that used to be posted all too regularly a few years ago.

Further ones gained overnight'
EZY150F / U22462 LIS-LTN G-UZHH
EZY68DF / U23212 FUE-EDI G-UZLP (arrived at 2334)

Diversions away per FR24
RYR893 FR893 EI-HHV went to STN (need to investigate this as that route NOC-MAN but it operated BGY-MSN
EZY2142 / U22142 AYT-MAN G-UZLD went to LYS

Last edited:
And of course we finished with a QTR 777 from LHR. One thing on Manchester side has been the wind which so far has not been bad at all after what has been expected by some, I noticed the TAF for today was 40Knts gusts which is about what we got at tops and down the runway

Can we safely say that the days of the infamous 'no diversions notam' are over?

I count 23 diversions in just over 24 hours and the only limitation was on terminating flights - Gas & go only later in the evening, which prompted a few 7700 pan fuel emergencies.

There were a few that were turned away (DHL, Bristol easyjet and I'm sure a lot of the LGW easyjets wouuld have ventured north rather than mainland Europe) but a massive effort by the airport team as a whole.

With credit to SPD Travels on X:
"Early this morning (0425) Lufthansa A340-300 D-AIGP operating LH423 Boston-Frankfurt diverted to Manchester with a medical emergency. It’s since departed back to Frankfurt"

Quite a rare visitor these days.

With credit to SPD Travels on X:
"Early this morning (0425) Lufthansa A340-300 D-AIGP operating LH423 Boston-Frankfurt diverted to Manchester with a medical emergency. It’s since departed back to Frankfurt"

Quite a rare visitor these days.

We do seem to get the Lufthansa diversions to and from the US if the aircraft is within a few hundred miles of MAN…I imagine we are the designated diversion for this area of Europe?!

fog in the area

gone to LPL

FI440 TF-ICM
FR2142 SP-RKT
EI3322 EI-GPO

gone to BHX
AP1223 EC-NAB

gone to LGW
IB3692 EC-NIF

The Manchester jinx strikes again. The only main uk airport to have fog this morning (a few others did in the night) until about 10.30 and it coincides with airfield works that means many arrivals on 23R have to back-track. ATC are going to have their work cut out the next few weeks.

Indeed a pain are the taxiway works on Alpha but needs must!
The NOTAM is in place until 3rd March.

Heathrow 40kt 90° crosswind Thurs 28th March 1200-1900.

Could be interesting for the A380s (but our no code F divs notam still active)

Quite a few diversions in this afternoon with mainly Dublin affected but also Leeds
nothing of great interest but inc Aer Lingus A321 and Sun Express 738 a Netjets Citation
and at least 4 Ryanair

Need to find the Netjets.

FR441 LPL-DUB EI-ENW
FR210 STN-DUB EI-EVC
FR9623 FCO-DUB EI-DYL
EI423 VCE-DUB EI-LRC
XQ886 ADB-DUB TC-SPS
FR1504 GDN-LBA SP-RKN
FR2333 KRK-LBA SP-RZO

How annoyed will people be with flying from Liverpool and arriving at Manchester,

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock