I have been told and heard talk that the flybe exeter- norwich route could be saved after oct. Talks are ongoing , maybe not flybe, flybe do have spare slots on based exeter dash8 . Ie tues evening, sat morning. Understand the ex flybe sun routes, alic, malaga. Talks with other airlines have come to nothing, or not interested. So will it be exeter- norwich on flybe or will it be a flybe\eastern j41 service or will loganair start it up. Loganair could do well at exeter maybe services to leeds, birmingham, aberdeen, inverness, brussels as well as norwich, they seem to be getting big at southend so poss a exeter- southend route.

With the other sun routes I'd have thought it would be Ryanair they would have been looking for to operate them.

Ryanair not interested to close to stansted !? Be good if we get a flybe\eastern ops j41 based at exeter to do norwich, leeds, birmingham , they would be very good and used. The old route to leeds from exeter went onto aberdeen, its was the leeds bit did well used, aberdeen was not. Birmingham exeter was 3x dailey years ago, even exeter had a brussels service on eurodirect.i think they were called.

With the other sun routes I'd have thought it would be Ryanair they would have been looking for to operate them.
Ryanair will not operate NWI. They more than likely looked at the sun routes from Exeter,with their foot in the door at Exeter. So it will be a watch this space.

Ryanair will not operate NWI. They more than likely looked at the sun routes from Exeter,with their foot in the door at Exeter. So it will be a watch this space.
That is what I said. That they would try to get Ryanair to take up the sun routes that they lost.
As for the Norwich route it may be a case of Flybe holding out for some sort of incentive.

I would expect Ryanair will do well here at EXT with their new route to Alicante.

So far as the UK domestic routes are concerned from EXT, I would have thought that Birmingham is too close to be viable, especially as the train only takes approximately 2½ hours.

Don't forget that Flybe has been sold and will soon be known as Connect Airways. No doubt the new owners have their own agenda which is probably completely different to that which people have become accustomed to with Flybe.

I would expect Ryanair will do well here at EXT with their new route to Alicante.

So far as the UK domestic routes are concerned from EXT, I would have thought that Birmingham is too close to be viable, especially as the train only takes approximately 2½ hours.

Don't forget that Flybe has been sold and will soon be known as Connect Airways. No doubt the new owners have their own agenda which is probably completely different to that which people have become accustomed to with Flybe.
I have a vague idea that some years ago EXT did have a Flybe BHX service. Was it an early attempt to feed into a hub something they now do from EXT to MAN?

I have a vague idea that some years ago EXT did have a Flybe BHX service. Was it an early attempt to feed into a hub something they now do from EXT to MAN?

Yes Flybe did operate into BHX some years ago as part of a hub type attempt but only lasted a short time. The only viable destination to the southwest from BHX is Newquay in the summer months not really suprising given the distance involved.

Actually come to think of it as an aside Newquay is the only destination in England served from Birmingham.

Last edited:
A poster on that other forum is suggesting that Wizzair might be looking at EXT for next year. She (the poster is female according to the public profile) only joined that forum today and already has submitted five posts regarding various airports.

I repeat it because this is the EXT route rumour thread for anyone to take out of it what they will.

Wizzair would be a surprise for sure!
Ryanair was a surprise (to me anyway) when they announced their EXT operation a year or two ago. Re the Wizz post, I'm always suspicious of posters who join that particular forum and immediately begin scattering gossip around. Over the years there have been trolls and people with fertile imaginations who have come out with all sorts of nonsense. There might be something in this but I'll wait for an official announcement before taking it seriously.

Ryanair was a surprise (to me anyway) when they announced their EXT operation a year or two ago. Re the Wizz post, I'm always suspicious of posters who join that particular forum and immediately begin scattering gossip around. Over the years there have been trolls and people with fertile imaginations who have come out with all sorts of nonsense. There might be something in this but I'll wait for an official announcement before taking it seriously.
I wouldn't get too excited the poster cannot even spell Wizz
She says Wiz !

Easyjet have announced they'll be opening bases at Faro and Malaga. Makes me wonder if they'll look at away based routes to UK regional airports like Exeter?

Easyjet have announced they'll be opening bases at Faro and Malaga. Makes me wonder if they'll look at away based routes to UK regional airports like Exeter?
They might although their current Spanish (Palma and Barcelona) and Portuguese (Lisbon and Porto) bases only serve routes that are also easyJet bases as far as UK routes are concerned. We are likely to find out soon.

The rationale seems to be an expectation of higher demand next summer and they feel this is a good way of managing it. They will have fewer aircraft so those going to AGP and FAO will have to come from other bases.

There was a rumour circulating last year that easyJet were planning on flying into to Exeter... but given the current situation and the absolute incompetence of the British government I would be very surprised if they were interested in servicing regional airports! I wouldent be at all surprised if we loose nearly all of our uk based airlines come the end of this.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock