Has anybody ever been down to Southern Spain during late March/early April? If so what are the temperatures like that time of year, we're looking somewhere around the Malaga area? I'm just wondering whether it would be warm enough for the kids to be in the pool?

We're possibly going to go away for a week or so next Easter, the Canaries are an option but I'd prefer to keep the flight at short as possible so Malaga is the favourite at the moment but I've only ever been during the summer months.

Any opinions welcome :smile:

We used to go away a lot in February/March to Majorca (especially) as well as some visits to Costa del Sol (via AGP) and one to Costa Blanca (via ALC).

Majorca, often slightly cooler than Costa del Sol at that time of year, could range from 10C to low/mid 20sC (that's maximum daytime temperatures - measured in the shade of course).

Costa del Sol in late March/early April would probably typically be around 20C, warmer if you're lucky (assuming you like the sun).

In total we made around 15 visits to that part of the world in February/March, mainly Majorca as I said earlier, and we did encounter rain and cool winds at times but from memory it was mainly dry and pleasant (this was in the 1980s and 1990s).

Next year (not confirmed yet) my family plans to go to Malta. If we do go it will be with Ryanair as there are eight of us and we need to keep costs down.
Stay tuned for more!

Thanks Jon and TLY for the info. I'm not particularly bothered about the sun these days but we want it to be warm enough for the kids to go in the pool as they both love swimming.

Looks like we may end up going to the Canaries or possibly leave it till later in the year. We normally go away in May but next year is reserved for a potential group holiday.

jfy1999 said:
Next year (not confirmed yet) my family plans to go to Malta. If we do go it will be with Ryanair as there are eight of us and we need to keep costs down.
Stay tuned for more!

Don't forget to keep an eye out for the release of the summer timetable, the cheapest fares don't often last very long :good:

Hi Everyone

In a couple of weeks time we are due to fly from brum with Monarch to Cyprus. Flying on a sunday at 6,15am which was a major plus for booking it. We normally fly around 3pm anywhere we have been in the past. Really looking forward to it. Love the experience of being in the airport and at that time shouldnt be as busy as flying to gran canaria of a Saturday at 2pm like we did last year.

Im guessing weatherspoons will be open at that time serving breakfast?

Stephen

Hey.

Wetherspoons open at 03:15 and close when the last flight has gone so you'll be fine for breakfast :smile:

Maybe when you get back you could let us know your experiences? It's been a while since we've had a BHX trip report.

Have a great holiday.

Off to Malaga again on 28th August for a week and a bit. Travelling at rush-hour as usual so will be spending all my time and effort keeping Wifey away from the shops!! :whiteflag:

Malaga arrivals is quite cool, but departures between 10:00 and 12:00 (rush hour return legs from northern Europe) resembles a cattle market and something I never look forward to.

Picked a mate up from Birmingham yesterday and arrivals was a bit of a ruck.

Now, I'm not moaning but, which plonker decided that pax arriving into the T1 & T2 areas would exit arrivals pushing baggage trolleys into each other. :s_crazy

Jon Dempsey said:
Picked a mate up from Birmingham yesterday and arrivals was a bit of a ruck.

Now, I'm not moaning but, which plonker decided that pax arriving into the T1 & T2 areas would exit arrivals pushing baggage trolleys into each other. :s_crazy
When were you there? I was picking up a friend on the 12:55 flight from Paris although I actually stayed until nearly 13:40 because it took so long for the baggage to get through :rolleyes:
The crowding in arrivals yesterday (tons of people from Dubai) makes me feel that BHX will be in need for more terminal expansion in a short time.

We are flying to Larnaca so should land around lunch time there. My photo skills aren't the best but will try and get a few photos.

A family I know who have come over to the UK for a year while their dad teaches here are flying back to the USA from BHX tomorrow.

They chose to go via Reykjavik with Icelandair as they found it to be the cheapest option :)

Minor trip report as someone requested it a few weeks back when I mentioned I was flying out from BHX.

Flew BHX-HAM with Germanwings on a CRJ-900 operated by Eurowings. As usual with BHX, all went smoothly. I've never had a bad experience going through security there and it was the same this time. Boarded the aircraft from the tarmac where it was parked somewhere in the 50s.

Seat pitch was 30' but seemed a lot more. I'm 6'1" and found it ample.
HqkBQxOA3JK7b5BY1uuvXtFy8A1zoq9lro6uKURzVpk

Arrived back yesterday on a Flybe ERJ-175 from MXP. Again that was very comfortable, 30' pitch but what seemed like considerably wider seats. I can't find data for Flybe's seat width but it was more than enough. Flew into the old Eurohub for the first time which was nice, even if I did only see the arrivals hall. Flybe seem to have quite the operation going from that side of the terminal - stands full of ERJs!

All in all, two comfortable short European flights made easy by travelling through BHX.

I've never flown with Flybe but I often hear it said that their Embraers are nice to fly on.

Thanks for the report :hatsoff:

They would definitely be, it's just that they are consistently inconsistent.

They make sun routes work from Exeter and Southampton and I loved that brief flurry of destinations while it lasted.

Just booked to go to Innsbruck in 2 weeks, usually fly from LBA but going from BHX. Since it was 1999 since I last flew from BHX, any advice on parking/check-in etc?

Hi mate.

I'd prepare to arrive early as security queue times can vary quite drastically from a couple of minutes to over an hour (I've experienced both before). Like most airports I guess it really depends on what time of day you are travelling. There is plenty to do in the departure lounges if you want to eat/drink/shop but if that's not your thing and you want to watch/photograph the aircraft beforehand then head along the new pier which offers good views across the airfield, especially from the end.

I can't comment on parking as I don't live far so I usually get a taxi but from what I understand it can be alot cheaper to book in advance.

Who is it you are flying with?

Parking: We've used off-site and on-site. If you search websites you'll get a range of choices. I prefer the long-stay overlooking the runway extension wrt convenience and cost. Good bus connections to the terminal but also a nice walk (for spotters) to the terminal and only 400-600 m. There are 'park outside the terminal and collect' with your car being parked securely for you meanwhile. If you'd like that then its not too expensive and avoids delays.

Thanks for using BHX!

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock