Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
United-Kingdom
I thought it would be interesting to start a thread about airport lounges to see how they compare throughout the world? I've been wondering how all the airport lounges compare with quality, price and service. Which airports offer the best airport lounges and executive lounges for their customers and which airports fair poorly with their airport lounge offering?

This is the Servisair executive Lounge at Manchester Airport. I haven't used the lounge but it looks clean, bright and fresh in the picture but is it the calm peaceful sanctuary passengers look for when travelling?
manchester-terminal1-airport-lounge.jpg

Image: fhr-net.co.uk

This is the Escape Lounge at Manchester Airport Terminal 2. It looks better than the Servisair lounge with a much more warming and welcoming look which is probably better for those passengers who really don't like flying to grab a quiet moment or two before they board their aircraft.
Manchester-Int-Terminal-2-Escape-Lounge-2_res.jpg

Image: prioritypass.com

This is the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse Lounge at London Heathrow Airport. Has anybody here used one of the Virgin Lounges? It looks clean, sharp but again, I'm not sure it's the cozy and relaxing point you would expect before an 8 hour flight to New York.
images

Image: travelers24.com

This is the stylish American Airlines Admiral Lounge at New Yorks JFK Airport. It reminds me of 'The Deep' in Hull as opposed to an airport executive lounge although I could quite imagine myself sat at the bar drinking the odd whisky or two.
images

Image: ventasalud.com

Re: Airport Lounge Reviews

Airport Lounges are a vastly underused resource. The best one I have come across is the newly launched No1 Traveller at Heathrow T3! I regularly review lounges as part of my business selling lounge passes, Servisair (the main player in the UK) are very good. I am not so impressed with MultiYork Lounge in Norwich. I am happy to share reviews and thoughts on lounges

• Admin
Re: Question: Airport Lounge Reviews

Skyview_Lounge.jpg

Skyview lounge www.euroairport.com
Lovin the new Skyview lounge available at BSL EuroAirport. So many airports are dark and dreary these days.

Wow, that certainly is impressive, it wouldn't be out of place in Dubai or Singapore.

Wow, that certainly is impressive, it wouldn't be out of place in Dubai or Singapore

The premium lounges in the new A380 'space age' concourse at Dubai Airport extend along the entire length of the building. I've been fortunate enough to use them.

See pics of the concourse at this link (scroll down from the top):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -Duba.html

The Nat Geo documentary about Dubai airport followed some of the construction of that concourse right through to opening, it certainly is very impressive. Thanks for the link there's some great pictures.

Airport lounges limiting number of alcoholic drinks

Cardiff Airport has a policy in its executive lounge of limiting alcoholic drinks to two per person 'in the interest of flight safety'.

It seems to me to be a cost-cutting measure wrapped up in the guise of a safety precaution because I doubt that they insist that the bars within the airport are similarly limited.

If someone is so under the influence that they become a safety issue then he or she will be denied boarding (or should be) whether they consume their booze in the executive lounge or in an airport bar.

Is anyone aware of such a policy elsewhere?

Re: Airport lounges limiting number of alcoholic drinks

I think a lot of people will stop using the lounge if they are going to be limited to two drinks each. It's silly when other passengers on the same flight could be propping up the main bar having knocked back several pints. It is illegal to sell alcohol to somebody who is "drunk" and I don't have a problem with airport staff refusing people alcohol if they have had too much to drink but limiting people to two drinks when the cost of using a lounge is so high seems ridiculous.

I will be using the LBA lounge tomorrow (for the first time) and I will ask. Anyway it wouldn't worry me as 2 drinks is quite adequate.

I was really impressed with the lounge at LBA. I asked and was told that there is no limit on the number of drinks you can have. There were only 2 other couples in the lounge and one more entered as we left for our flight. There were freshly cooked bacon and sausage baps, crisps cheese & crackers, biscuits, small cake, hot & cold drinks alcoholic and non alcoholic.
If you are going to get a meal/drinks at the airport then I would suggest you consider the executive lounge, it may be better value.
One negative point (to me), you had to go outside to the toilet.

Overall, a very pleasant start to our short break.

:good:

The LBA lounge is operated by LBA itself. Swissport operates the lounges at many UK airports. Some of the larger airports will have more than one executive lounge to choose from. I don't know if Swissport operates the Cardiff airport lounge?

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock