Yes of course. No problem just I think we can all have our own views and it shouldn't get personal. .....
Sam, there is no problem posting an opinion or view on here.

The problem in this instance was *you* posted something as *fact* that I know not to be true. The content *you* posted is *libel* against Gregg's.

This is a reminder that *Forums4airports* cannot be held responsible for posts made by individuals. In using the *Forums4airports* forum users are reminded that *they* must accept responsibility for *their* own posts.

Posts made by users do not necessarily represent the views of Forums4airports.

At the base of the home page you will find access to the sites Terms & Conditions. I suggest reviewing these before making any further posts.

http://www.forums4airports.com/threads/584/

A debate over Greggs lol its just non stop excitement at LBA isnt it. To add my info to the mix, I recall SSP was very unhappy at all the business they lost to Greggs. Passengers and staff all turned to Greggs instead of getting overpriced poor quality food from all the SSP run outlets.

With SSP responsible for all the other catering outlets it had plenty of clout still was applying pressure to the airport to do something. I recall the manager of a certain based low cost airline also was not happy about the amount of pasty crumbs in the cabin taking longer to clean up which amused me highly.

Is that actually true and if so have they not been offered an Amsterdam re basing ?
That is what happened to me at European Air Transport from Brussels to Leipzig which was not an easy proposition..

Is that actually true and if so have they not been offered an Amsterdam re basing ?
That is what happened to me at European Air Transport from Brussels to Leipzig which was not an easy proposition..

Ok since ye it has gone off (sorry my fault too) last response - sadly a300 yes all true. My friend is one of the crew at LBA - all the UK crew will be gone by October unless they relocate to Amsterdam and pay for hotels either side of their duties but the flights are continuing with Dutch crew stopping in hotels over here. KLM has been disposing of all UK crew since last year, EDI/GLA, NCL, BHX, NWI, MAN and now LBA & HUY. UK pilots based at Leeds have 1 more year. Its very sad. Sorry to hear it happened to you at European Air Transport it must really suck. At KLM they are replacing them with new Dutch Crew doing the same routes and this summer they are even leasing in Cityjet to fill the gaps... whilst making UK crew redundant. Not even sure how its legal?? When everybody was going on about BREXIT and how the EU is good for jobs etc I had to laugh because I know this was going on.

They should re-base you and pay towards your hotel or apartment costs whilst you are in Amsterdam.
I have to say Eat were very good to us but it was still very difficult commuting to Leipzig.
Sorry to hear such a good company from the past has not seen fit to provide a satisfactory solution to this situation.
The best course I ever did was the DC9 at Klm so I have a good opinion of them but that was before the merger with Air France and the financial difficulties they seem to be having right now.

Understand that FatFace will close for the Winter season and may not return next year.

Unsurprising with all the stock being Summer orientated.

Understand that FatFace will close for the Winter season and may not return next year.

Unsurprising with all the stock being Summer orientated.

It will be a shame if FatFace doesn't return. LBA desperately needs to address it's seasonal balance of flights. We know if LBA handled a similar number of passengers during the winter months LBA would be handling in the region of six million passengers per year. This might sound like a difficult task but airports other airports like Liverpool airport seem to manage a better summer - winter balance of flights.

I am not so sure it's about balancing summer against winter as there are plenty of year round destinations already served. I think the problem is more historic where pax and airlines see LBA as a bigger op risk in winter due to weather. That said, if you actually look at the stats, LBA actually don't lose a large percentage of flights over the winter months. So a little bit of re education plus a certain amount of balancing is required. Suspect on current evidence that new management are well aware of this

Brand New Deliciously Yorkshire Pop Up Shop

Thousands of international visitors are set to enjoy a flavour of Yorkshire thanks to a brand new Deliciouslyorkshire pop-up shop at Leeds Bradford Airport. The Deliciouslyorkshire shop, which will run from today until Christmas Eve on Sunday December 24, will feature a range of products from suppliers across the county to more than 120,000 passengers who will use the airport during that time. From new, artisan brands to more established and iconic Yorkshire brands there will be over 20 producers featured, from local beers, ciders, spirits, jams, chutneys, sweet treats and gifts there will be something for everyone. There will also be the opportunity to sample some of the fantastic food and drink on offer as well as the chance to win a stunning Fodder hamper worth £100. The Deliciouslyorkshire shop was opened by local Chef Consultant, and recently crowned Yorkshire Food Hero, Steph Moon. Judy Bell, Chairman of Deliciouslyorkshire, said: “We’re absolutely thrilled with the opportunity to showcase some of the world’s finest food and drink produced right here in Yorkshire and we are sure visitors will want to take a taste of Yorkshire to their loved ones for Christmas, to enjoy on their holiday or to take advantage of the ‘collect on return’ facility offered by Leeds Bradford Airport. We would encourage them to take a little piece of Yorkshire with them and at the same time support local producers by making a purchase. This is the first Deliciouslyorkshire pop-up shop showcasing Yorkshire brands and products, and where better than at Yorkshire’s international mecca – Leeds Bradford Airport!” David Laws, CEO at Leeds Bradford Airport, said: “We are committed to providing an enhanced airport experience for our customers and what better way than by working with Deliciouslyorkshire on this venture to bring them the opportunity to sample and buy some of the very best of Yorkshire’s fantastic food and drink. We are immensely proud to be Yorkshire’s premier international airport, connecting Yorkshire to the world. The pop-up shop supports our commitment to highlight, showcase and champion all things Yorkshire and this collaboration allows our visitors to experience some of the very best that Yorkshire has to offer and to find that perfect gift. We look forward to hearing our customers’ feedback and to supporting some of the counties fantastic independent producers.”

DSC_9877.jpg

DSC_9836.jpg

This is a fantastic addition to the LBA retail offering. Looking at the pictures, they're only scratching the surface of what they could be offering but as a pop-up store the range should give them a good indication of how well a more permanent store could perform. I guess my only concern at this point is the airport isn't as busy during the winter months but the run up to Christmas should still prove hugely popular with passengers.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

That time of the year again. The Eurovision 2024
UTFD Step 4 here Come First Away day and the best day of my life
Technically the 14th anniversary of me working at my present job. Tuesday after the May Day bank holiday is when I started .. last Saturday was the actual anniversary.
Whipee it's Friday!
Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock