Good to see ken Skates back in the Transport role, outof the clutches of the Green Lobby.
Forgot he'd done the job before and i believe he was critical about Drakefords government transport policy. It is good to see Transport being a standalone responsibility and not subsumed within another department especially the Climate Change department as it kind of distorted what was being spent on Climate Change as the bulk of the budget was for Transport especially capital spending.

Interesting from Natasha Ashgar. Is she saying that the Tories would've let the airport close? Screenshot_20240325_222128_Samsung Internet.jpg

Miss Ashgar is always bashing the airport, but she never puts forward any plan of her own, except to say that the Welsh Government should never have spent so much money on the airport, from some of the questions she has asked at Senedd Committee meetings on the airport, she doesn't seem to have much knowledge of the operations at the airport.

Miss Ashgar is always bashing the airport, but she never puts forward any plan of her own, except to say that the Welsh Government should never have spent so much money on the airport, from some of the questions she has asked at Senedd Committee meetings on the airport, she doesn't seem to have much knowledge of the operations at the airport.
The problem is that the Tories know they're never going to get into government so seem to have adopted a strategy of anti whatever the government spends without having any actual policies behind it.
Fear for the likes of Cardiff very little in the way of positive news.
It is struggling at the moment and does often seem to take 2 steps forward and 1 back. But Ryanair is still at the airport so hopefully we'll continue to see them expand.

The problem is that the Tories know they're never going to get into government so seem to have adopted a strategy of anti whatever the government spends without having any actual policies behind it.

It is struggling at the moment and does often seem to take 2 steps forward and 1 back. But Ryanair is still at the airport so hopefully we'll continue to see them expand.
Given Ryanair’s offering this summer I think they should do pretty well. The times on some of the flights aren’t that desirable but providing there’s bums on seats it might encourage them to expand next year and offer some sun destinations through the winter.

Given Ryanair’s offering this summer I think they should do pretty well. The times on some of the flights aren’t that desirable but providing there’s bums on seats it might encourage them to expand next year and offer some sun destinations through the winter.
Ryanair have a draw that means people will tolerate those times.

I was remembering yesterday that there used to be a charter flight every year to Lourdes over Easter, always a large aircraft (I remember the British Caledonian Tri-Star doing it one year). It would take disabled adults and children to the shrine in Lourdes there and it always drew out the crowds, even on the spectators terrace when it was open. Anyone else remember this?

Yes Em I remember them well, a friend of the family used to volunteer to accompany some of the disabled children, on the aircraft, many of whom were carried on to the aircraft by the airport Fire Service.

Gotta love Wales Online 2 articles in 2 days giving Cardiff a kicking and the first article was old news about Ryanair at Bristol.
I refuse to even click the link on that “click bait” media source; no doubt they’ve done a lovely positive article about the new routes Ryanair are offering from CWL this summer and now offering their biggest selection of routes ever from the airport!?

:banghead:

I refuse to even click the link on that “click bait” media source; no doubt they’ve done a lovely positive article about the new routes Ryanair are offering from CWL this summer too!?

:banghead:
Well hopefully that'll be in the reply from the airport management.

I read the article on the old news of Ryanairs new routes at BRS, and also the interview with Spencer Birns, which I believe was an interview he gave was sometime ago. and has been published previously. It would be nice to see Wales online saying something nice about CWL, and not comparing it with BRS.

and not comparing it with BRS.
I know Bristol is Cardiff's closest rival but it does get really frustrating sometimes with the constant comparisons when it's plainly obvious that the airports can't be compared because Bristol is much more bigger.

I know Bristol is Cardiff's closest rival but it does get really frustrating sometimes with the constant comparisons when it's plainly obvious that the airports can't be compared because Bristol is much more bigger.
and has a much bigger catchment area.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock