Sorry to bombard you with questions @BHX492, do you know why the based aircraft swap often? We started with G-UZHJ, then G-EZOK and then swapped to G-EZOP all since the first based aircraft started, a spotters dream, I really like it, wondering if it's just BHX and the easyJet fleet finding its new rhythm or if this is a regular thing.

Glad to see the flights have started well, long may it continue

Sorry to bombard you with questions @BHX492, do you know why the based aircraft swap often? We started with G-UZHJ, then G-EZOK and then swapped to G-EZOP all since the first based aircraft started, a spotters dream, I really like it, wondering if it's just BHX and the easyJet fleet finding its new rhythm or if this is a regular thing.

Glad to see the flights have started well, long may it continue
It’s down to maintenance, it should settle down in summer.

But that in itself begs an obvious question. Are they pulling in passengers from rival airlines, or are they pulling in passengers from other Easyjet bases....?
I would say both because we had passengers that normally fly from BRS,LTN and MAN but also Tui are selling package holidays with Easyjet flights

That's excellent news to hear, let's hope that it gets better and busier than ever. Then easyJet will hopefully add even more routes, the busier it gets.
I believe that it was stated some time back that the operation could grow from a 3 aircraft to 5 aircraft base. I'm not sure what the timescale was, but if the services are doing as well as Ian says this early in the season, then I would think that easyjet would be looking at expansion.

EASYJET LAUNCHES FIRST FLIGHT AND PACKAGE HOLIDAYS FROM NEW BASE BIRMINGHAM TO BERLIN TODAY
  • New easyJet flights and holidays from Birmingham Airport to Berlin took off today for the first time
  • The service is operating up to four times a week throughout the year
  • Seats are available to book for this winter with great value fares starting from £26.99*
easyJet has today launched the first flights and holidays on a new year-round route from Birmingham to Berlin, providing more connectivity for customers in the Midlands whether they are travelling for business or leisure.

Passengers and crew were gifted an Easter treat before the first flight took off today and the route is now operating up to four times a week on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays offering convenient connections to Germany’s capital where vibrant culture and historical architecture meet to create an atmosphere that is abuzz with excitement and creativity yet remaining a relaxed city break.

Great value seats are still available to book on easyJet.com and via the mobile app starting from £26.99* with packages at www.easyjet.con/en/holidays

On 18 March 2024 Birmingham Airport became easyJet’s first new base in the UK in more than a decade, creating 140 direct jobs for pilots and crew in the UK and supporting around 1200 jobs in total. The new route to Berlin is among 16 new routes that have launched following the base opening, including Alicante, Tenerife and Barcelona which are already operating as well as a year-round route to Sharm el Sheikh which starts on 2 April.

Thousands of package holidays are also available to book now at www.easyjet.com/en/holidays. Packages include flights, hotel, 23kg luggage and transfers on beach holidays, all covered by its Ultimate Flexibility, offering freedom to change a booking, a refund guarantee, and best price guarantee.

Ali Gayward, easyJet’s UK Country Manager, said:

“We are delighted to have launched our new service from Birmingham to Berlin today, providing our business and leisure customers in the Midlands with more choice and connectivity for a city break to Germany’s vibrant capital.

This is one of 16 new routes we have launched from Birmingham as the new base is enabling us to unlock the opportunity of the strong demand which exists for both leisure and business travel, as well as further grow our share of the package holiday market.”

Tom Screen, Aviation Director, Birmingham Airport said:

“The new Birmingham – Berlin service with easyJet is another stepping stone in the story of success for our partnership. It has been a fantastic year so far for Birmingham Airport and easyJet, with February seeing the 5millionth easyJet passenger fly through our airport, and more recently in March, the launch of easyJet’s three aircraft base at Birmingham opening.”

“All of this combined is great news for the Midlands region, as easyJet continues to grow its network and offer greater choice to our customers.”

easyJet serves 21 UK airports offering 536 routes from the UK to 137 destinations in 29 countries across Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East.

Let's hope that easyJet continuously keeps pulling out more than a rabbit after Easter, attract more and more passengers from Birmingham airport. I think in the next couple of years, once they have established themselves, easyJet will need to start planning for further afield IE long haul options and then test the demand and market

Let's hope that easyJet continuously keeps pulling out more than a rabbit after Easter, attract more and more passengers from Birmingham airport. I think in the next couple of years, once they have established themselves, easyJet will need to start planning for further afield IE long haul options and then test the demand and market
Whilst I hope that the easyjet base at BHX is very successful and grows significantly in the future, I cannot see them doing long haul operations. They do not do long haul from any other base and do not have the aircraft to do it. It simply does not fit their business model.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock