EDI has a year round link to ATH with EasyJet as well a seasonal Aegean flight so hardly ‘token’ service.
Sorry, forgot about EasyJet. Was referring only to the Aegean link.

@Aceshigh Of course, BHX and EDI can't be compared to MAN - I was just making the point that the MAN-ATH market is doing really well and I'm happy we have it sewn up (just like BHX has Eastern Europe covered much more than Manchester).

I'm surprised that there is not more Athens from regional airports. easyJet started a year-round service from Bristol last autumn (only 2 x weekly admittedly) and the route regularly sells out, even after it was upgraded from a 319 to a 320.

Not previously posted, or I can't find it, but easyJet are looking for a 3pc increase in seat availability for this summer.

New winter routes for 2018/2019 - courtesy of "dried-fruit":

Manchester - Barcelona (1 Dec) - 2x weekly
Manchester - Bordeaux (2 Nov) - 2x weekly
Manchester - Faro (2 Nov) - 4x weekly
Manchester - Innsbruck (9 Dec) - 1x weekly
Manchester - Lanzarote (7 Nov) - 2x weekly
Manchester - Lisbon (28 Oct) - 3x weekly

The Lisbon route looks like it's moved from Liverpool which is a pity as it's a very busy service from there and also reduced choice for NW passengers.

Last edited:
Load factor has little to do with it but if fares are high, fares increase as the flights fill up
so should be good loads at this time of year. Pehaps Easy think they can make more money with TLS
and as MAN need 4 extra flights to fill the programme for the extra A320 coming this autumn

Good news for MAN. All those routes but BOD were all served by ZB and i'm sure they'll do well in filling the void left.
I've read on the "dried-fruit" forum that a further 3 aircraft are to be based at MAN for Summer 2019. Any guesses not the expanded route network? Increases? New routes?

Load factor has little to do with it but if fares are high, fares increase as the flights fill up
so should be good loads at this time of year. Pehaps Easy think they can make more money with TLS
and as MAN need 4 extra flights to fill the programme for the extra A320 coming this autumn

I understand LPL has some gaps left to fill too, so hopefully some more routes coming along.

My guess is the ex MON routes they were going to do this year except aircraft shortages

My sister is flying with Easyjet to Madrid on Tuesday but the suprising thing is she has to go all the way down to Luton because they don't fly to Madrid from Manchester! Maybe Madrid will be a future route?

My sister is flying with Easyjet to Madrid on Tuesday but the suprising thing is she has to go all the way down to Luton because they don't fly to Madrid from Manchester! Maybe Madrid will be a future route?

They do Madrid from Liverpool

Nothing from BHX ? Luton is not that easy to get to.
Iberia Express and Ryanair but not on the dates she needs and the Ryanair flight from Manchester is sold out so she's gone from Luton. Personally i would've just gone via Amsterdam.

Nothing from BHX ? Luton is not that easy to get to.
Iberia Express and Ryanair but not on the dates she needs and the Ryanair flight from Manchester is sold out so she's gone from Luton. Personally i would've just gone via Amsterdam.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock