That was actually for summer 2017 Yokel. Article is dated March 2017.
Doh!

Thanks User. I had a feeling I'd read somewhere that Smartlynx was wet leasing to easyJet in 2018 and I thought I'd found a link.

I've now found another link and they are wet leasing in 2018 but only at Berlin Tegel and only for the first part of the year it seems. So I was wrong on all counts.

http://www.smartlynx.aero/corporate/media-centre/news/628

It's back to the drawing board to try to discover how easyJet will fulfill its timetable which currently calls for an additional (16th) based aircraft for only part of August.

I am lead to believe the 6 Smartlynx aircraft being used at TXL until March *may* then be sent to MAN to cover the expected expansion there, but, there hasn’t been anything confirmed yet. The fact Smartlynx seem to be ‘fully booked’ for S18 May give that rumour legs though.

Still no press release from the airport about the new flights. They usually release something usually mentioning a quote from Ali gayward ( uk manager for easyJet ) though still nothing released . Is this a sign that there is more to come ? Doesn't easyJet have a320neos to be delivered as well ?

Still no press release from the airport about the new flights. They usually release something usually mentioning a quote from Ali gayward ( uk manager for easyJet ) though still nothing released . Is this a sign that there is more to come ? Doesn't easyJet have a320neos to be delivered as well ?
There was an article in the Bristol Post on Wednesday with news of the two routes. These articles only ever appear in the Post after the airport has sent them a press release which is basically repeated verbatim in the paper including quotes from airport/airline. Sophie Deckers, easyJet's country director, is quoted albeit she speaks of all easyJet's new routes around their system.

So it seems there is an airport press release in being but that it has not been put on the airport's own website.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/easyjet-launches-exciting-new-flights-919793

Me bad. Apologies as I haven't read the posts article as it's usually negative in some form. However if u didn't read that paper or be on social media there is nothing to promote those new routes

Me bad. Apologies as I haven't read the posts article as it's usually negative in some form. However if u didn't read that paper or be on social media there is nothing to promote those new routes
On the airport website home page they are are still promoting the Athens and Stockholm routes but still nothing (I've just looked) about Genoa and Seville in the News Releases section.

I remember a few months ago there was a discussion in the BRS forum regarding the lax promotion of news on the airport's website, a contrast to a few years ago when the airport was always on the ball with this sort of thing. In recent months things appeared to have improved but the bad habit has returned it seems.

I know that some senior members of the BRS management team do read these forums from time to time - this was confirmed to me again at the recent consultative drop-in I attended. Perhaps they will take heed if they visit again soon.

I remember a few months ago there was a discussion in the BRS forum regarding the lax promotion of news on the airport's website, a contrast to a few years ago when the airport was always on the ball with this sort of thing. In recent months things appeared to have improved but the bad habit has returned it seems.
I wonder if they are just relying on Easyjet promoting the flights or they are just a bit slow on the uptake.

I wonder if they are just relying on Easyjet promoting the flights or they are just a bit slow on the uptake.
The latter I think. The were on the ball with Athens and Stockholm, the two recent additions prior to the Genoa/Seville announcements, and are still heavily promoting ATH and ARN on their website home page.

I'm sure they will get around to putting the GOA/SVQ routes press release in their website News Section eventually. The airport sent out emails to those on their list on the day easyJet announced GOA and SVQ.

Ski Season

Getting under way now with easyJet increasing its number of weekly rotations to GVA as it does at this time of year (maximum of 22 per week).

Tomorrow four of the five outbound are sold out; all four of Sunday's outbound are sold out; one of Monday's three outbound is sold put.

The press release is now on the BRS website. It's dated 14 December so someone was a bit slow getting it onto the website. From the wording the routes seem to be summer-only.

https://www.bristolairport.co.uk/ab...s-two-new-routes-from-bristol-for-summer-2018

easyJet announces two new routes from Bristol for summer 2018
Created: 14th Dec 2017

Flights to Seville and Genoa take off from 2nd June 2018, operating twice a week throughout the summer season.

easyJet’s is now providing Bristol passengers with low fared flights to two of Europe’s most beautiful destinations. Seville is the capital of the Andalusia region in southern Spain, and with incredible ancient architecture and the tradition of flamenco dance; it is an ideal summer holiday destination.

Genoa is the capital of the Liguria region in the northwest of Italy, and Italy’s largest sea port. Genoa is beautifully historic, and a gateway to the Riviera for travellers, making it a fantastic destination for easyJet’s Bristol passengers.

Tickets for these flights are on sale now at www.easyJet.com

• Bristol to Genoa from £26.70*
  • Bristol to Seville from £28.72*
easyJet has flown more than 49 million passengers to and from Bristol since opening the base over 15 years ago. The airline continues to grow and expand in Bristol, while offering low-fares and friendly customer service.

Ali Gayward, easyJet UK Country Manager, said:

“We are pleased to be expanding our network at Bristol airport with the launch of two new routes to Seville and Genoa.

“These two cities are beautiful European destinations for our Bristol passengers to enjoy in summer 2018.

“easyJet is excited to continue to grow and expand in Bristol, continuing to make travel easy and affordable.”

Nigel Scott, Business Development Director, Bristol Airport said:

“We are delighted with the announcement on these currently unique and unserved destinations commencing from Bristol Airport.

“The routes will be popular for passengers from the South West and Wales region. Seville has strong links within the aviation industry as sections of the Airbus A400M are assembled in Seville, and Genoa makes an ideal choice for passengers selecting a Fly Cruise holiday departing from the bustling Italian port.”

easyJet in 2018

https://mediacentre.easyjet.com/en/...asts-a-series-of-strategic-milestones-in-2018

Includes

easyJet will continue to showcase the Neo aircraft and its innovative environmental and cost efficient features at roadshows at the airline’s bases around the UK and Europe. Having already exhibited the aircraft in Amsterdam, the airline will also visit London Gatwick, Glasgow, Belfast, Newcastle, Bristol, Manchester and Liverpool; Barcelona, Geneva, Milan Malpensa and Paris Orly.

Stockholm and Athens.

The CAA has now reported on the first full calendar month of these new routes, both 2 x weekly on the 156-seat A319.

Stockholm carried 2224 passengers, average load 123.5, load factor 79.2%.

Athens (which began on 6 November) carried 2112 passengers, average load 151, load factor 96.7%.

A pretty decent start for new routes in November, especially Athens.

As always the yield is what counts.

Athens

From tomorrow the Monday Athens appears to be a 320, previously a 319 which remains on the Friday flight.

A320NEO

The first easyJet A320NEO to visit BRS arrives today at 18:00 from GLA, then operates the CDG rotation this evening. The aircraft will be G-EZHC. It swaps in GLA with a current BRS based A320.
Apparently it is to be based in BRS for at least the next few days.

This is quite something given that (as far as I can see) the four A32N that are currently in the EZY fleet have been based only out of LGW and LTN since new. As of this morning, 3x A32N were based at LGW, and 1x at LTN.

G-UZHC operated to Amsterdam this morning and is currently on its way back from Tenerife.

easyJet A320s

A poster on another forum questioned his seat allocation on a forthcoming flight from BRS having been given seats 30D and E which he says don't appear on the seat selector plan for his flight.

A discussion ensued in which it was suggested that the aircraft is a 186-seat 320 which would have these seat numbers. Someone else said that all easyJet A320s at BRS are currently 186-seat aircraft. Whenever I check the seat selector plan for a 320 from BRS it never shows more than 180 seats.

Can anyone confirm, or deny, that all BRS easyJet A320s are 186-seat aircraft? If so, why doesn't the seat selector plan confirm this? I can only assume it's because a 180-seat aircraft might have to be substituted. Seat Guru shows seating plans for both 180-seat and 186-seat easyJet A320s. On the former rows 30 and 31 only have three seats (A, B and C) whereas on the latter they both have six seats (A, B, C, D, E, and F).

easyJet A320s

A poster on another forum questioned his seat allocation on a forthcoming flight from BRS having been given seats 30D and E which he says don't appear on the seat selector plan for his flight.

A discussion ensued in which it was suggested that the aircraft is a 186-seat 320 which would have these seat numbers. Someone else said that all easyJet A320s at BRS are currently 186-seat aircraft. Whenever I check the seat selector plan for a 320 from BRS it never shows more than 180 seats.

Can anyone confirm, or deny, that all BRS easyJet A320s are 186-seat aircraft? If so, why doesn't the seat selector plan confirm this? I can only assume it's because a 180-seat aircraft might have to be substituted. Seat Guru shows seating plans for both 180-seat and 186-seat easyJet A320s. On the former rows 30 and 31 only have three seats (A, B and C) whereas on the latter they both have six seats (A, B, C, D, E, and F).

I can’t confirm either way but I have been on 4 easyJet A320s recently from Bristol and they were all the 186 variety

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock