Actually, the stats say up 3.8%. The rolling year figure is 4,040,386, so I doubt we will drop below 4m at year end.

Some CAA stats are out for December which show a huge drop of 26% for LHR down from 11,896 down to 8,820.

Some CAA stats are out for December which show a huge drop of 26% for LHR down from 11,896 down to 8,820.

The drop is in comparison to last December when there were twice as many rotations, so a 26% drop in passengers vs a near 50% drop in available seats.

EDIT: had a chance to check now, Dec 17 we had 64 rotations, Dec 18 was 43. My back of the envelope load estimates are 70% last December and 77% this December. 2018 average was 76% overall, 2017 average was 64% and that was previously the highest year.

Last edited:
..and that list clearly shows that 2018 saw a drop of 36% since 2017, the worst full year on record.

Except 2018 is the best year based on loads.

Agreed KARFA,
Surely its in the better interests for both BA and LBA to have a reduced service to LHR.
OK we have less flights but there are more passenger onboard them aircaft now.
Rather than what was happing before with more flights with even less passengers onboard?

Last edited:
And as we have said before, whilst we didn't like the frequency cut, it's better than having no service at all. Pax figures clearly holding steady month on month so enough to support the route but unlikely to instigate frequency improvement or even a night stopper. That said, is there a speculate to accumulate argument here......

LBA managements view is that THE key to an increase in passengers is the night stopper as that is invariably the busiest flight of the day and the best to provide the greatest choice on connections. BA are probably sick of being asked to provide one, although the problem now is such decisions fall to IAG management now apparently, which I would suspect makes getting a night stopper more difficult than ever.

LBA managements view is that THE key to an increase in passengers is the night stopper as that is invariably the busiest flight of the day and the best to provide the greatest choice on connections. BA are probably sick of being asked to provide one, although the problem now is such decisions fall to IAG management now apparently, which I would suspect makes getting a night stopper more difficult than ever.

Even leaving to one side the additional costs for doing a nightstopper, with the scarcity and increased value of early morning arrival slots at LHR it's a very difficult one to persuade BA/IAG to get an early southbound from LBA. I notice on some days the early rotation has been re-timed from S19 and will now get in to LHR an hour earlier than it does currently so there is some improvement.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock