• Admin
The Weather Thread
LATEST.jpg
pexels-pixabay-53459.jpg
Discussions about weather...

Last edited:
I know predicting the weather isn't easy, and predicting snow is especially hard to do but I do think they've over-reacted with regards to tomorrows snow forecasting. I've been watching the weather front come across the Irish Sea using a radar app and it seems to be fizzling out as it goes. I imagine the snow will be considerably lighter than they originally forecast unless it peps up again during the night.

Mine too Mr Finkle but I think they're going to be disappointed or at least mine will as it's looking a little more promising in the midlands.

Unfortunately,ever since the forecast of a non hurricane in
October 1987,weather forecasting has been over exaggerated.
In the modern world you risk extreme embarrassment or worse a law suit if you broadcast something that turns out to be not quite what you said it was going to be.
In fact is it me or is the only time forecasters correctly predict the weather is when they tell us it is going to rain.

Dense freezing fog is forecast for the SE of England for Tue 19 Dec. This could linger all day, leading to possible travel disruption and diversions for air travel.
Please take extra care, if you are driving in these conditions.

Kevin

Initially only the Ireland Met forecast had Amber warnings but the UK Met Office have now upgraded their warnings to Amber for much of Northern England with winds expected to gust to 80 mph in some areas.

Felt a bit mild this morning but started to cool down. Soon it will time for me to start up the photo trips for the year. A light dusting of snow would be good for some nice wintery scenes.

Currently there are four severe weather warnings issued by the UK Met Office for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday as a period of intense polar air encroaches the UK. A Yellow warning for Snow has been issued for much of the East side of the UK on Monday. Amber warnings have been issued for Tuesday and Wednesday as a band of more organised snow is expected to cross parts of the UK with accumulations likely. Similar warnings have been issued for Thursday. Please check the Met Office website for more details.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings#?date=2018-02-27

Currently there are four severe weather warnings issued by the UK Met Office for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday as a period of intense polar air encroaches the UK. A Yellow warning for Snow has been issued for much of the East side of the UK on Monday. Amber warnings have been issued for Tuesday and Wednesday as a band of more organised snow is expected to cross parts of the UK with accumulations likely. Similar warnings have been issued for Thursday. Please check the Met Office website for more details.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings#?date=2018-02-27
I've 'liked' your post for the information in it, not because I like the idea of snow and polar weather. Even in the South West where snow is rarer than further north we've been told we might be in for a substantial amount at some point or points this week. Ugh!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SNOW WILL YOU EVER GET TO BIRMINGHAM, all we are getting are a few snow showers and they are nothing special. Every weather forcast has it missing this area.

I want SNOW now, :rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SNOW WILL YOU EVER GET TO BIRMINGHAM, all we are getting are a few snow showers and they are nothing special. Every weather forcast has it missing this area.

I want SNOW now, :rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:

We've got about a foot of the white stuff! Enough to share if you want some. :)

We've got about a foot of the white stuff! Enough to share if you want some. :)

Yes please, i feel hard done by down here.
Even the heavy stuff that was forecast for tomorrow friday appears to fizzle out by the time it reaches the Birmingham area.
I love snow. Everywhere gets a good deep clean with all that freezing water.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock