Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
United-Kingdom
More UK-Turkey flights planned

An expanded schedule of 17 flights from the UK to Turkey a week are planned by Turkish low cost carrier Pegasus Airlines.

Services planned for next year including London to Istanbul, Bodrum, Dalaman; Manchester to Antalya and Dalaman and Birmingham to Antalya and Bodrum.

The carrier has more than doubled passengers from the UK from 100,154 in 2008 to 213,136 in the first 10 months of this year.

Chairman Ali Sabanci said that 23 new generation Boeing 737-800s will join the fleet by 2012, making it the largest aircraft order in the region at $2.3 billion. The airline is also negotiating to increase the order.

“In the first nine months of 2009 alone, Pegasus Airlines grew by an impressive 46% on international routes and 41% on domestic routes,” Sabanci said.

“This figure comes on the back of four years of extraordinary performance following the launch of scheduled services in 2005, which has seen the airline capture 19% of the Turkish aviation market and follow a growth path of 43%, 2.3 times greater than the sector average,”

Parent company ESAS Holding is rapidly developing into a global airline, with Pegasus’ sister company IZair on board since 2007 and the acquisition of an 18.3% stake in Air Berlin this year, making it Germany’s second largest and Europe’s fifth largest airline’s biggest private shareholder.

A joint venture Kyrgyz Pegasus Airlines (KPA) is also being set up with Kyrgyzstan Airlines.

Source

With this in mind, is the airline just looking to operate from London, Manchester and Birmingham from the UK. The headline to me suggests it may look at some of the smaller airports, such as LBA, LPL or HUY, where demand may not be in as much competition. Just a thought...

• Admin
There's no indication that they intend to operate into more regional airports. Like most foreign airlines they don't seem to look beyond the likes of London, Manchester and Edinburgh which is extremely frustrating. The only thing we can hope for is that airlines such as Pegasus will start to take a closer look at the regions when airlines such as Jet2, Globespan and Easyjet start to erode there business because of their ability to exploit the regional market.

Turkish based airline Pegasus has announced a order 75 Airbus A320neo's family aircraft. The airline currently is only a Boeing operator flying the 737-400 and 800 family aircraft but it seems to have switched to the European aircraft maker this time for some reason.

Pegasus places firm order for 75 A320-family neos

Pegasus Airlines has placed a firm order for 75 Airbus A320-family neos, with options for a further 25 units.

The Turkish carrier signed for 58 A320neos and 17 A321neos at a press conference in Istanbul on 18 December. The aircraft have a list value of $12 billion.

"It is with great pride that we are placing the biggest order in the history of Turkish civil aviation with Airbus for up to 100 A320neo family aircraft," says Pegasus chairman Ali Sabanci.

The A320neos will be configured with 180 seats, while the A321neos will have a 220-seat configuration.

Airbus said that negotiations between itself and Pegasus had taken more than 10 years, with the 100-aircraft deal marking the third attempt at finalising a contract.

Pegasus currently operates a fleet of 37 Boeing 737-800s and two 737-400s, according to Flightglobal's Ascend Online database.

Personally i'd be surprised if it fly again, guessing it'll end up as spare parts but i'm probably wrong!:LOL:

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock