Some interesting developments in the case of the US vs the ME3.

Full article: Emirates Confirms Billions in Government Subsidy for Airport Terminal

WASHINGTON, Aug. 27, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ — The United Arab Emirates spent a staggering $7.8 billion to build an opulent, 11-story air terminal at Dubai International Airport for the sole benefit of its airline, Emirates, according to documents the airline filed with the U.S. government that confirmed one of the most excessive and unapologetic violations of Open Skies policy to date.

In papers recently submitted to the Obama administration, Qatar Airways, Etihad Airways and Emirates acknowledged dozens of instances where they received subsidies from the treasuries of the UAE and Qatar, as well as actions they took to shield their finances from scrutiny. The Partnership for Open and Fair Skies, which represents the U.S. carriers and several airline employee unions, highlighted the subsidies and their harm to American workers in a major legal filing this week with the U.S. government.

Flight Global is reporting that Emirates to retire over 50 jets in next three years.

Aviador said:
Flight Global is reporting that Emirates to retire over 50 jets in next three years.

All the A330 and A340 aircraft are to go along with the 777-200ERs (not including 777-200LRs).

EMIRATES named worlds best airline (y)
Emirates Airline was today named the World’s Best Airline 2016 at the prestigious Skytrax World Airline Awards 2016, in addition to scooping up the awards for World’s Best Inflight Entertainment for a record 12th consecutive year, and Best Airline in the Middle East.

Based on the results of the largest airline passenger satisfaction survey in the industry, the World’s Best Airline Awards are considered a global benchmark of airline excellence. This year’s Skytrax awards were based on a total of 19.2 million completed surveys covering 280 airlines, by customers hailing from more than 104 countries. The Skytrax survey measures quality standards across 41 key performance indicators of front-line products and services in the airline industry.

This is the fourth time Emirates has won the top accolade since the airline awards were introduced 15 years ago; the airline won the first ever Skytrax World’s Best Airline in 2001, again in 2002 and in 2013. In total, Emirates has won a total of 20 Skytrax World Airline Awards since 2001.

Commenting on the Award, Edward Plaisted, CEO of Skytrax said: "This fourth World's Best Airline title for Emirates is a fantastic achievement and true testament to the airline’s popularity.

Over the past 12 months, Emirates has rolled out a number of new product and service investments, including new children’s toys and activity kits both on board and in the lounges, new amenity kit bags for First and Business Class travellers, and its industry-leading ice entertainment system, which currently boasts an incredible 2,689 different channels for passengers to choose from – including over 90 dedicated children’s channels.

I wonder, are the MEB3 reaching their plateau?

After Etihad cut back many flights this year (EDI went from 7 to 5 weekly and DUB went from 14 to 7 weekly).

Qatar have reduced many flights across the network (they say they are temporary but we have seen this before)

Now Emirates has cut back some big routes. Rome goes 3 to 2 daily, Lisbon 2 to 1 daily, Istanbul SAW gone, Oslo and St Petersburg to 5 weekly.

It's an interesting piece to analyse.

After Etihad cut back many flights this year (EDI went from 7 to 5 weekly and DUB went from 14 to 7 weekly).

Qatar have reduced many flights across the network (they say they are temporary but we have seen this before)

Now Emirates has cut back some big routes. Rome goes 3 to 2 daily, Lisbon 2 to 1 daily, Istanbul SAW gone, Oslo and St Petersburg to 5 weekly.

There has got to be a limit to how many flights can "go East", and be viable, after the recent expansion.

There will only be a certain demand and considering they do a lot of connections to the east they are also competing with the Far East airlines as well. Plus you have to wonder if for some of these airports if a 777 is too big and the likes of A330's and 787's are better suited to the routes.

Unfortunately it's being reported that a firefighter has lost their life in the Emirates incident.

TBH it looks really bad, really glad that the passengers got off ok. Really sad about the firefighter though

This evening Emirates from BHX now expected to depart tomorrow morning at 04.30am

Very interesting that Emirates will begin Dubai-Athens-Newark.

Emirates today (23JAN17) announced planned new service launch between Europe and US, with the opening of Dubai – Athens – Newark service. On board 3-class Boeing 777-300ER, this daily year-round service will begin on 12MAR17. Reservation for this new route opened in the last 30 minutes.

The following schedule is effective from 26MAR17.

EK209 DXB1050 – 1530ATH1730 – 2200EWR 77W D
EK210 EWR2345 – 1600+1ATH1800+1 – 2340+1DXB 77W D

Emirates are introducing a new onboard bar, being released at ITB Berlin in March and on the first 388 on July 2016:

Emiretihad? Etiharates?

All conjecture at this stage but an interesting concept.

Emirates, based in Dubai and Etihad in Abu Dhabi, specialize in long haul flights to almost every destination on Earth. However, due to their close proximity, along with external factors such as energy prices and the emergence of budget airlines, it seems as the two giants may become one.

http://www.ahlanlive.com/are-emirates-and-etihad-merging-616154.html#.WMVAuD2If-g.RT

If true it will bring an end to the reasonably cheapish deals to the subcontinent and it will reduce choice for customers. We will likely see an end to both Dubai and Abu Dhabi being served by both parts of a new merged airline group in a bid to cut costs.

#Emirates #Etihad #airlinemerger

Emirates are now allowing economy class passengers to pay for lounge access and, if they are travelling on certain flights (Dubai-Bangkok A380 service to begin with), complimentary Business Class lounge access is being given to Economy class passengers.

Emirates usually has one lounge for both First and Business class at most of its worldwide airports. At DXB there are separate lounges for First and Business.

In recent years the replacement of the B777 by the A380 on many long haul routes has made some of the lounges unpleasantly overcrowded as I know from personal experience. Most lounges are physically incapable of hosting an A380 load of passengers, and even the giant lounges in the DXB A380 Concourse would have to cope with numerous A380 loads if all routes were opened to complimentary lounge access for all.

If more people are to be allowed in the experience will deteriorate even further although I read recently that they would be charging £100 (or was it 100 USD?) for lounge access by non-premium fare passengers. You need to eat a lot of food and consume a lot of drink to make that worthwhile.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock