If there were 111pax on board, I doubt it would have been an EMB170 (as shown).
It wasn't. It was an E195. I think the BBC have just used a generic picture. Pretty sure the Wales Online article uses a Q400!

It wasn't. It was an E195. I think the BBC have just used a generic picture. Pretty sure the Wales Online article uses a Q400!

As we have been saying a lot recently, the standard of journalism has declined rapidly.

The EMB190's have been around quite a few years now so wouldn't have been too difficult to get a "stock photo".

Looks like there have been several delays today probably due to the weather.
The Flybe 09.40 arrival from BHD didn't arrive back until 13.00, the 10.10 Milan MXP departure didn't depart until 15.50, the 15.40 departure to Dublin was cancelled along with it's 18.35 arrival, the 18.00 departure to BHD was delayed until 19.15 and the 19.05 departure to EDI is also delayed until 21.00. Also the 17.15 Jersey arrival was delayed until 18.30.
The KLM 16.55 arrival from AMS was delayed until 19.30, the 21.40 arrival is delayed until 23.00.
credit to SWAG for the info.

Looks like so far the only cancellation for CWL is the 09.50 arrival and 10.20 departure for the KLM Amsterdam flight.
The TUI BGI flight arrived at 06.50 while the AGP flight departed at 9.00

Looks like CWL is getting some BA diversions from LHR.
A319 G-EUOA from Zurich landed at 17.50
A321 G-EUXJ from Madrid landed at 17.55.
A319 G-EUOH from Zagreb is on approach.
It looks like as well that A320 G-EUUJ from Vienna is either on the way to CWL and A319 G-EUPU from Nice looks like it's on the way to CWL as well.
Fingers crossed they'll unload there passengers here and add to the airports numbers for December. Nice to see as well some BA short haul aircraft here as well.

Those BA diversions are also showing up on the airport arrivals board as well. There was one from Barcelona due in but that shows as cancelled.

Seems to be no gates at T5 at LHR so all BA short-haul is diverting. 2 long-haul flights have gone to mainland Europe

Apparently on Twitter people are saying they are behind with the deicing.

Looks like CWL is getting some BA diversions from LHR.
A319 G-EUOA from Zurich landed at 17.50
A321 G-EUXJ from Madrid landed at 17.55.
A319 G-EUOH from Zagreb is on approach.
It looks like as well that A320 G-EUUJ from Vienna is either on the way to CWL and A319 G-EUPU from Nice looks like it's on the way to CWL as well.
Fingers crossed they'll unload there passengers here and add to the airports numbers for December. Nice to see as well some BA short haul aircraft here as well.
CWL might add them to their own monthly passenger figures but the CAA won't. The CAA's passenger tables carry this note:

In order to preserve market analysis all identifiable diversions are reallocated to the point of intended operation.

At least CWL should get some landing fees.

CWL might add them to their own monthly passenger figures but the CAA won't. The CAA's passenger tables carry this note:

In order to preserve market analysis all identifiable diversions are reallocated to the point of intended operation.

At least CWL should get some landing fees.
It did when Ryanair diverted some flights from Bristol a couple of months back and operated the returns from Cardiff as well. Think they were Krakow and Warsaw flights.

It did when Ryanair diverted some flights from Bristol a couple of months back and operated the returns from Cardiff as well. Think they were Krakow and Warsaw flights.
The CAA relies on the information it gets from the reporting airports. If it's not made clear by an airport (by CWL in those cases) that they were diversions then the CAA would not be aware which is why it says 'identifiable'.

In fact, I've looked back at a number of diversions from BRS to CWL and EXT over the past couple of years and it does seem that some of the diversions appear in the CAA passenger traffic analyses at these airports as their own passengers which is obviously contrary to the CAA's policy - see note 6 at the foot of table 12.1.

I've tried to see what BRS, with its penchant for underplaying its monthly and annual passengers, does when it receives inbound diversions but the ones I've identified in a brief trawl are from airports that BRS serves anyway so diversions won't be self-evident. The diversions to CWL and to EXT from BRS were from airports not served by scheduled routes to those airports so it was obvious that they were diversion passengers.

Again this shows that the CAA stats are never 100% reliable and that the compilers have little knowledge of route systems and accept without any check what airports tell them. Thanks for drawing my attention to this. I might ask the CAA why they now bother with note 6 if it is more honoured in the breach. It's a minor thing really but if they are paying people wages/salaries to provide stats they should at least be accurate.

The CAA relies on the information it gets from the reporting airports. If it's not made clear by an airport (by CWL in those cases) that they were diversions then the CAA would not be aware which is why it says 'identifiable'.
I'd imagine from CWLs point of view if they off load them and handle the baggage and they go through their immigration and arrivals hall they may feel then that they become their passengers so feel entitled to record them.
CWL today received 3 A319s, 2 A320s and an A321. Passenger wise that's over 900 passengers being added to CWL's stats not to mention many may not have been to Wales before so it will get a bit of advertisement to some. For CWL tonight will be a nice little boost for the month.

I see you have listed the originating airports in an earlier post above. It will be interesting to see if they are all recorded on the CAA CWL stats page when the CAA eventually gets around to publishing December's figures.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock