I'd say they will probably stick with the A330 and A321neo allows flight deck flexibility. Not only this if the group orders A330 it will allow for a consistent movement in seasons so that TCX don't have, for instance, 3 or 4 different A330 configurations at MAN.
Yes this is true.

At the minute the fleet has a number of configurations with Lower Lavatory and standard config plus the tanker fleet.

They operate a common fleet with Scandinavia so it would make sense for this approach to be adopted by Germany. It seems like a slam dunk for AB but Boeing could come in and steal a good deal for them. They did with MON before the demise.

Airbus cancelled the A350-800 and pretty much all orders switched to either the A330neo or the A350-900. Unless TCX adopt a business class, the A350-900 will likely be too big.

Airbus quoted figures for 2 class operations:

A330-200: 246
A350-900: 315

TCX don't currently have a business class and operate with 310 seats on the A330-200. A similar set up on an A350-900 could provide almost 400 seats.

No flights showing for Boston or Seattle for S2019 as far as I can tell. Are flights still being loaded or are these routes being chopped?

Good news for MAN! Surprised at Baltimore though, I'd have thought they'd gone for Chicago.

Two new routes to New Orleans and Baltimore are apparently on the cards for next year.
Interesting choice if they happen. Incidentally, it may well be that flights to current destinations are still being finalised and loaded, but while SFO, LAX, MCO, LAS and JFK are showing on the TCX web site for s19, BOS & SEA are not yet. Does anyone have any information on these 2 destinations?

Interesting choice if they happen. Incidentally, it may well be that flights to current destinations are still being finalised and loaded, but while SFO, LAX, MCO, LAS and JFK are showing on the TCX web site for s19, BOS & SEA are not yet. Does anyone have any information on these 2 destinations?
Baltimore is certainly a bold move. I am more concerned over the invisibility of Boston & Seattle at the moment - this is how Miami got quietly dropped despite reassurances that it wouldn't be.

That thought occurred to me Ethan. Big announcement for Seattle but Miami dropped.
I hope we're not seeing New Orleans and Baltimore replacing Boston and Seattle.

According to User on PPRUNE, Boston and Seattle will be added in due course. He also expects JFK to increase from the listed six weekly.

8.5 aircraft are expected to be based for long haul.

Baltimore, if true, is a good call. Washington is only a short drive away, and you're avoiding the chaos of Reagan Intl. A good base to fly into if you're heading for Capital country...

Two Sri Lanka charters to operate in W18/19 (source RoutesOnline):

Manchester – Colombo
MT3702 MAN2045 – 1205+1CMB 332 17OCT18
MT3702 MAN2210 – 1415+1CMB 332 09JAN19

MT3703 CMB1505 – 2220MAN 332 18OCT18
MT3703 CMB1715 – 2355MAN 332 10JAN19

Our TCX flight to Palma in July was down as a TCX 757-300 however today they've said it'll be operated by Hi-Fly.

It's showing as 43 rows, 2 x 4 x 2. Will this be the A330?

Our TCX flight to Palma in July was down as a TCX 757-300 however today they've said it'll be operated by Hi-Fly.

It's showing as 43 rows, 2 x 4 x 2. Will this be the A330?
Should be A330 or possibly A340 but probably the A330.

New Route: Manchester to Comiso (CIY)

MT1270 MAN 0540-CIY 1005
MT1271 CIY 1105-MAN 1345

Thursdays from 02.05.19 with Airbus A321

Seattle is Alaska Airlines biggest hub who TCX partner with and is a good access point for the Pacific North West including Canada and the rest of the West Coast and Hawaii as well. Hopefully it's a route that TCX can grow.

Just a rider to the TCX article above. Seattle still doesn't appear yet on the S2019 long haul schedules. Neither does Boston. The new route to Jamaica and the other existing l/h flights have been bookable for a while.

Are the 2 routes coming back and if so, is the delay due to securing A332s?

JFK is also only showing 6 x weekly rather than the 8 x weekly mooted. Last time I checked, the timetable showed 38 weekly L/H departures, a requirement for not fully 6 a/c, which does hopefully suggest there are more flights to be loaded.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock