ADVERTISEMENT

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome back to the site Guest !

Thomas Cook Airlines

Discussion in 'Manchester' started by backtrack, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Dobbo

Dobbo Platinum Member

It would be a remarkable turn of events if VS gained the upper hand on MAN-SFO from TCX. It was only a few months ago it looked like TCX were aiming at 4x weekly and trying to drive VS off the route...

2. Aceshigh

Aceshigh Active Member

Media:
    Rather than VS gaining the upper hand are they not neck and neck to maintain parity if both parties have now shortened their season ?

I'm hoping I'm missed a tread that suggests VS are expanding?

3. Land23R

Land23R Well-Known Member

I thought an earlier post indicated that TCX were only 2 x weekly now to SFO for the early and end part of the season whereas aren't VS 3 x weekly for their full, albeit like TCX short, season.

Considering the media coverage when SFO was announced - Silicon Valley, great for business links etc. - flights only operating for 4 months (it was going to be 7) is particularly disappointing. The only thing you can say is that it's better than no flights at all, and there was some concern VS may not resume SFO (and BOS) in 2018.

If TCX are trimming long haul frequencies from what was expected, I take it we won't need 8 based a/c for l/h next summer. Will we still require 7?

4. EGCC_MAN

EGCC_MAN Well-Known Member

Media:
    Unfortunately, this is the inevitable outcome when two carriers slug it out on a route which is only suitable for one. Neither carrier can afford an extended season, let alone consider a long-term goal of year-round ops.

5. User001

User001 Platinum Member

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/hebburn-mans-plea-ban-thomas-13790613

I have sympathy for delays but that above is quite frankly the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard as the result of a delay.

6. EGCC_MAN

EGCC_MAN Well-Known Member

Media:
    Perhaps the good Senator's best course of action is to provide funding for more psychiatrists in Hebburn!