The snow here in Horsforth is now considerably worse than it was before and the ring road is at a near standstill. I dread to think what it like up Yeadon now.

Blizzard conditions in Yeadon at the moment. It's a complete white out.

My flight to Malta with Ryanair has just been canceled due to the snow.
Have to say the process was not very good
Poor pax information and care.
You get what you pay for I suppose

Sorry to here about your cancelled flight to Malta A300boy. Hope you get an alteraltive booking sorted soon

The is Not much the airport can do in these weather conditions, the snow fall seems relentless this morning. Every time they cleared one end of runway the other side is covered again by fresh snow.

When we watch from the sidelines it's interest, sometimes fun but not so fun when it's our own flight. Hope you get sorted for another day.
It does annoy me when 'supporters' of some airports become excited when diverts are sent to them and they say they are hoping for more. I doubt they would be so sanguine if they were a passenger on one of the diverted flights.

On my way to East Midlands in a mini bus to catch a Ryanair flight at 1810 so hoping to make it to Malta tonight.
They had 32 seats available on this flight so many will be dissatisfied.

According to the weather folk yesterday, today was supposed to be the day when the snow moved North, affecting the NE area, and East of Scotland, with this area subjected to just occasional snow showers, but nothing significant. What we have today is pretty much what we expected yesterday and never got. It may be dry snow, so easy to clear off the runway - but the downside is dry snow in strong gusty winds just blows back on the runway again, so clearing it, and the taxiways and aprons must be a thankless task in these conditions. Hope you get your EMA flight to Malta OK A300boy. Did the Wizz Air divert from DSA get out of LBA this morning or it is now resident for the day? I never heard anything leave this morning.

LBAL
Did the Wizz Air divert from DSA get out of LBA this morning or it is now resident for the day? I never heard anything leave this morning.

The Wizz Air has become a resident. The haven't been any flight movements at LBA this morning and we still remain Snow Closed.

Unfortunately things are not expected to improve quickly, as the is more heavy snow showers forecasted this afternoon, evening and more persistent lighter snow overnight and tomorrow morning as well.

In fact, there is a piccie on the BBC website showing the snow clearance...with the Wizzair in shot.

LBA = NOW OPEN

The Airport's runway reopened for business as of 14:42. Fire cover is back up to CAT 7 status after airfield op's handed the airfield back over to ATC. Looks like the night stopping KLM1540 will be first one to depart with an slot time of 15:07.

Bad News: Heavy Snow shower just about to hit the airfield..

Last edited:

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock