Oh on a final note #England have prove on there travels around Japan they are still better than the rest of the home nations: #Wales, #Ireland & #Scotland.
Except they haven't. That's what the Six nations are for and the Triple Crown trophy.

In the end though England were not quite good enough and RSA deserve praise and congratulation for their undoubted superiority on the day.
England have been good and the result was a surprise! I slightly wonder if they underestimated South Africa slightly in the way they were going to play as South Africa played more rugby in this match than previous ones. Listening to the commentary South Africa slightly reminded me of Munster in the way they went about things. It will be interesting to see if Eddie Jones now stays for 2023 or moves on in 2 years.

On another note what South Africa's win does do is change the nature of the British and Irish Lions tour in 2 year's time as now they are going there to take on the World champions and not a team that seemed to be going downhill 18 month's ago. Going to be an even more fantastic tour now!

On the day England were out thought and outplayed. That's the nature of knock-out competitions where one match is decisive. Lose it and all is up.

In a league competition teams can lose matches and still win the competition at the end of the season. South Africa showed that in the league component of this year's World Cup when New Zealand beat them.

I don't like play-offs whether in rugby or football which are small knock-out elements after a grindingly long league season. I understand the reasons: commercial and in rugby the fact that some teams are weakend during parts of the league season when the Autumn Internationals and Six Nations are on.

I'm never sure about the Lions. In some ways they are a missmash of players from five separate countries, four of which are in the UK. Is there really the same nationalist fervour and passion generated by players and supporters that is found when individual nations compete?

If one of the home countries went to South Africa and beat the reigning world champions they might justifiably reap the kudos such a win would bring. Does that apply in the same way to a group of players from several countries playing as one team?

I'm never sure about the Lions. In some ways they are a missmash of players from five separate countries, four of which are in the UK. Is there really the same nationalist fervour and passion generated by players and supporters that is found when individual nations compete?
I feel it's a greater achievement for a Lions team to win against a team like South Africa because of the short time they have to gel together especially to actually win the series itself. As for the supporters it's a different type of team so brings a different passion from supporters.

I feel it's a greater achievement for a Lions team to win against a team like South Africa because of the short time they have to gel together especially to actually win the series itself. As for the supporters it's a different type of team so brings a different passion from supporters.

Valid and pertinent points, although by the same token then it is less of an achievement for, say, South Africa to beat the Lions than it would be for them to beat, say, England or Wales.

Interesting fact is that England are now on top of the Rugby Union World Ranking, That's even after losing in today's 2019 Rugby Union World Cup final against a better South Africa. I'm guessing its them last 3 hard games against Australia in the Quarter final, New Zealand in the semi final and South Africa in the Final that has really made the difference for England's ranking going up

#swinglowsweetchariot #Carrythemhome #EnglandOnTopOfTheWorld

View attachment 15169

Valid and pertinent points, although by the same token then it is less of an achievement for, say, South Africa to beat the Lions than it would be for them to beat, say, England or Wales.
Nope more of an achievement as they only play them once every 12 years especially for South Africa as they missed tours due to the apartheid ban.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

That time of the year again. The Eurovision 2024
UTFD Step 4 here Come First Away day and the best day of my life
Technically the 14th anniversary of me working at my present job. Tuesday after the May Day bank holiday is when I started .. last Saturday was the actual anniversary.
Whipee it's Friday!
Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock