Aerlad

Mar 3, 2018
South Wales
Not sure if covered before but could we ever see VLM as a regular at the airport with maybe a service to Antwerp.
Thinking that it's only an hour on the train from Brussels and might be popular wth Welsh Assembly etc.
Nice little City break and easily combine both Brussels and Antwerp.
Might be a cheaper airport to fly into rather than BRU.

I'd be shocked if that happens! We do see them now and then for sports charters but i don't think we'll see them running a regular route. There was a Brussels route before i believe but i don't think it was very successful.

mmmm, maybe even a 3 x week service might work like a M/W/F service, caters for weekenders as well as assembly members going out for meetings maybe.

Im sure they did 3 routes from CWL but cant remember which ones. They used FK50 ajrcrafts. For 1 reason or another they did not work.Localyokel will be able to up date.

Im sure they did 3 routes from CWL but cant remember which ones. They used FK50 ajrcrafts. For 1 reason or another they did not work.Localyokel will be able to up date.
They were tied in with the city jet routes to Edinburgh, Glasgow, Jersey and Paris but when Flybe returned they gave up pretty quick.

They were tied in with the city jet routes to Edinburgh, Glasgow, Jersey and Paris but when Flybe returned they gave up pretty quick.

That's right. When Flybe pulled its routes from CWL CityJet stepped in to take over the routes you mention - Paris was Orly. CityJet used VLM F50s at CWL, albeit in CityJet livery so far as I can recall, as VLM had been taken into the CityJet fold when it was AF-owned. The two parts of CityJet operated under separate AOCs - one Irish and the other Belgian.

When the WG bought CWL they came to an arrangement with Flybe that brought the airline back to CWL in a bigger presence. CityJet (understandbly from their point of view) were not best pleased and said so publicly after they had quickly stepped into the gap to operate the important EDI, GLA and Paris routes abandoned by Flybe.

That's right. When Flybe pulled its routes from CWL CityJet stepped in to take over the routes you mention - Paris was Orly. CityJet used VLM F50s at CWL, albeit in CityJet livery so far as I can recall, as VLM had been taken into the CityJet fold when it was AF-owned. The two parts of CityJet operated under separate AOCs - one Irish and the other Belgian.

When the WG bought CWL they came to an arrangement with Flybe that brought the airline back to CWL in a bigger presence. CityJet (understandbly from their point of view) were not best pleased and said so publicly after they had quickly stepped into the gap to operate the important EDI, GLA and Paris routes abandoned by Flybe.

Those were real bad times. I remember they dropped GLA and went down to flying 2 daily EDI and 1 daily CDG.

I'll never forget though before the annoucement of flybe arriving at Cardiff, they had accidentally loaded the timetable to flybes website. This got copied and pasted to a local Aviation forum and within a few hours the page was removed from flybes website. The annoucement then came 2 to 3 days later. Everybody got real excited due to the variety and quantity of the routes.

Good discussion going on but maybe we should merge this with the Route Development thread seeing as there hasn't been any announcement or (to my knowledge) speculation from news sources or other forums?

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock