ADVERTISEMENT

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome back to the site Guest !

Blue Air Milan (Bergamo) to Liverpool

Discussion in 'Airline Reviews' started by Carl0927, May 15, 2018 at 11:20 AM.

1. Carl0927

Carl0927 Premium Member I've upgraded to support F4A!

Media:
    After a very pleasant weekend in Milan made my back to BGY. There are around 3 express coach companies which operate from the side to Milan Central Train Station to BGY, including Terravison. The journey is about an hour and the fare is low, coaches comfortable. Check-in was fast, this is a code share service so dual display of Blue Air and Alitalia.

Bergamo Airport is a large Ryanair base and the airline dominates here, they operate many domestic flights I noticed. The airport was very busy on Monday morning, as you would expect in Italy the shopping in the departures area was pretty high glass, plenty of clothing boutiques.

There were also some international departures, Eastern Europe , Morocco and Egypt, also my flight back to Liverpool. Boarded by way of coach to the stand. The aircraft was a B737-700 and had a decent passenger load. Cabin Crew were very smart, seating comfortable, and they recline too something which has gone from LoCos ! I booked extra leg room seats so had plenty of room, but standard seating looked goods too. I nice touch is a complimentary inflight snack and drink (coffee, tea, juice , water), also the inflight magazine was of good quality not full of adverts, actually something to read. The magazine was actually Liverpool route focused too, so they are catering for their passengers from that base particularly well.

Its a steep ascent out of Bergamo, to gain height because of the nearby Italian Alps, which I got good views of from my window seat. Two hours later we were landing on runway 27 at Liverpool arriving into a beautiful sunny day. I must say I really enjoyed my flight with Blue Air's and found their service really good. I would pick them over the other low cost airlines when I could, so I hope they continue their expansion from Liverpool.

2. Carl0927

Media:

Flight OB 5512 Arriving back into Sunny Liverpool !

3. Jerry

Jerry Moderator Staff Member I've upgraded to support F4A!

Media:
    Albums:
    Thanks for the review it does seem like Blue Air are a pretty good airline and have a good operation at Liverpool.

Aviador, TheLocalYokel and Carl0927 like this.
  4. Carl0927

Media:
    The crew and were very good, flight deck informative , but not over the top with announcements for scratchcards and the rest.

Aviador and Jerry like this.
  5. Aviador

Aviador Administrator Staff Member I've upgraded to support F4A!

Media:
    Albums:
    Great review @Carl0927 The mountains in some of your other pictures look impressive. I'm not too sure I'd enjoy weaving around them on the accent into the airport though #BGY #Bergamo

Jerry and Carl0927 like this.
  6. Carl0927

Media:
    It was certainly interesting !

Jerry likes this.