Good news for MAN. I wonder if they'll look at transatlantic from MAN in the future or if they'll just stick to European.

Whilst it's nice to see a new carrier looking at Manchester I have my reservation, at least at the moment, about Primers. I hope that I'm wrong.

Whilst it's nice to see a new carrier looking at Manchester I have my reservation, at least at the moment, about Primers. I hope that I'm wrong.

That is exactly my reservation. They are starting a med route thats high volume in Summer and less so in winter for the winter season.

The airlines are just recovering from a Summer of discounted fares and lower yields and i feel that this carrier will add nothing but lower fares and drive down the yield for the 4 carriers that are going to enjoy a better summer. Let the race to the bottom commence. Again.

They are entering a very crowded market.

Not necessarily. There are two fewer airlines plying MAN-AGP this year ... Monarch and Norwegian Air International have both withdrawn (and Monarch was twice daily or better for most of the year with A321's). Pricing on the route is much more robust now. My understanding is that Jet2 and Ryanair have added frequency on the route (I haven't done a comparison) but they won't want to trash yields so they will adjust for future seasons if needed. Looking at the wider market, the entire Monarch, Norwegian and Vueling lost capacity was debited from the short-haul sunshine leisure sector. Holidays from MAN cost more this year. MAN-ALC lost all three of those carriers.

Malaga – Manchester eff 24OCT18 Planned route launch unchanged, operational frequency increases from 4 to 5 weekly from 03NOV18
PF2731 AGP1430 – 1630MAN 738 x246
PF2731 AGP1625 – 1825MAN 738 6

PF2732 MAN1730 – 2125AGP 738 x246
PF2732 MAN1925 – 2320AGP 738 6

Source: airlineroute

Primeta will be 5 per week, daily except tuesday & thursday this winter on their Malaga based route, rather than the applied for 7 per week.

Reports on another website that Primera Air will cease trading at midnight tonight. Aircraft impounded at STN. Very sad news for all involved, especially the staff. This will take effect almost one year to the minute since the collapse of Monarch Airlines.

On a personal level, I recently lost money with the failure of VLM ... MAN-ANR-MAN. Now with these as well, AGP-MAN. And last year with Monarch MAN-VRN-MAN.

Maybe I'm the jinx? Perhaps I should file a list of airlines I hold outstanding bookings with so you can all avoid them!

Reports on another website that Primera Air will cease trading at midnight tonight. Aircraft impounded at STN. Very sad news for all involved, especially the staff. This will take effect almost one year to the minute since the collapse of Monarch Airlines.

On a personal level, I recently lost money with the failure of VLM ... MAN-ANR-MAN. Now with these as well, AGP-MAN. And last year with Monarch MAN-VRN-MAN.

Maybe I'm the jinx? Perhaps I should file a list of airlines I hold outstanding bookings with so you can all avoid them!

That is really unlucky :cautious:

Maybe stick with Ryanair in the future. (y)

I always knew the odds really. Booked all three trips very cheap. And Primera was one-way only. Could have been alot worse. Meanwhile, most of my ultra-cheapie deals do come good - including lots by Ryanair. Already rebooked AGP-MAN. :)

Meanwhile, didn't even Ryanair put out a profit warning today?

Meanwhile, didn't even Ryanair put out a profit warning today?
Yes, and announced the closure of two bases with a third being reduced in size although flights will still operate with aircraft from other bases. With oil prices higher and the shadow of Brexit hanging over many things aviation is looking at one or two obstaces at the moment.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock