They have got 50 more aircraft due to be delivered in the next 6 months !

Wow!! I've just listened to a radio piece about their further cancellations and CAA criticism of their misinformation that continues to be given to passengers. Whilst we all on this site want to benefit from connectivity, there must be a line to be drawn and Ryanair must be pushing closely towards it. If people (and pilots) vote with their feet then this might be the end of their dominance and forced contraction. Who will want to book with them with future risks of late flight cancellation?

This must be having a serious effect on their cash. The low-cost model relies on add-ons and in-flight sales.

I would imagine that they are highly geared by the way that they "sweat their metal" and having a lot of metal, old and new which is not being sweated could cause them problems.

I just hope they follow through on the Monarch comment and focus their efforts on the airports that have lost capacity.

Monarch have shown routes like Valencia can get decent passenger numbers from both BHX and EMA.

My worry is that they will grow the Midlands in a piecemeal manner as they did before in adding Warsaw and Sofia from BHX but Budapest from EMA. One scenario we don't want is them starting a route like East Midlands-Lisbon and have them see that as sufficient for the whole Midlands.

Last edited:
My worry is that they will grow the Midlands in a piecemeal manner as they did before in adding Warsaw and Sofia from BHX but Budapest from EMA. One scenario we don't want is them starting a route like East Midlands-Lisbon and have them see that as sufficient for the whole Midlands.

I have those exact same concerns, the vast majority of their BHX expansion in recent years has appeared to be purely aimed at seeing off the competition. Now that has happened will they remain committed to BHX and continue to grow?

Sadly, with the absence of any interest from Easyjet, Ryanair may well be our only hope for the likes of Lisbon and Valencia.

I have those exact same concerns, the vast majority of their BHX expansion in recent years has appeared to be purely aimed at seeing off the competition. Now that has happened will they remain committed to BHX and continue to grow?

Sadly, with the absence of any interest from Easyjet, Ryanair may well be our only hope for the likes of Lisbon and Valencia.

I don't think it is our only hope Ray especially LIS, im still hoping that TAP will serve BHX in the future. I think there is still more chance they will launch a route to BHX before Ryanair do, however you can bet that as soon as they do, Ryanair will launch a route too. But then we will have a MAD scenario that hopefully both can be succesfull on the route.

I don't think it is our only hope Ray especially LIS, im still hoping that TAP will serve BHX in the future. I think there is still more chance they will launch a route to BHX before Ryanair do, however you can bet that as soon as they do, Ryanair will launch a route too. But then we will have a MAD scenario that hopefully both can be succesfull on the route.
In a way they would be going after different markets I'd have thought. TAP would be more business and long haul connections and Ryaniar would be more leisure I'd imagine.

Just received our "random seat allocation" from Ryanair for our short break in Alicante been allocated a window and aisle seat in the same row with centre seat showing not allocated, so far so good. What's the betting we get a screaming kid or trainee sumo wrestler type, anyway fingers crossed.

Just received our "random seat allocation" from Ryanair for our short break in Alicante been allocated a window and aisle seat in the same row with centre seat showing not allocated, so far so good. What's the betting we get a screaming kid or trainee sumo wrestler type, anyway fingers crossed.
All of my recent flights with Ryanair have put me in the same column but behind or in front the people I'm travelling with. (Imagine I'm in 13B and the other person is in 12B for example)

The people next to us had the same thing but the next letter along so we simply swapped with them to sit next to each other normally.
Seems like a ploy to get people to pay to select seats? :eek:

Flew with Ryanair in December and September last year for reference.

This will hopefully uncover if there is anything fishy going on.

Airlines probed over 'confusing' seating policy

A review is being launched into airlines' seating policies, the Civil Aviation Authority says.

It will examine whether companies are deliberately splitting up groups of passengers so they pay to sit together. Airlines allocate seating via computer algorithms.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42931091

Well they should have the answer by this time next week as it's not difficult to work out that a certain airline is splitting people up with the so called randomized seat allocation system instead of trying to automatically sit people together as every airline used to and some still do see Seasiders post yesterday.

We have just received our random allocated seats for our return flight on Thursday from Alicante and we are a few rows apart while doesn't really bother us and looking at the seating plan for the flight it is far from packed so they could haven seated us together but obviously it doesn't fit in with their business plan. In the end I suppose it's all about having the lowest headline fare and loading on the extras, glad to saying we are just paying the base of £52 return so not complaining it just seems daft to me that if we booked a seat and priority boarding it would've added about 50% to the cost and if we booked hold luggage it would be more than double when I looked at it.

Anyway no doubt well will try and move seats after seat belts off as my brother in law flys the route several times a month and says that quite a bit of seat changing goes on since the new rules.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock