What I don't understand is why they would not plump for B787/800's instead of A330's given that they are a well established Boeing customer. is the A330 somehow better...or cheaper???

Probably more readily accessible at short notice. Though I do agree re them being an established Boeing customer. Maybe a blessing in disguise though too with the engine problems blighting 787s just now

I'm of the firm belief that seeing is believing and until I see proof I don't believe a thing.

Looking at the past historical trends of jet2 it seems like when they apply themselves to it they go full head of steam into it. So STN base as a recent, expanding the holiday business which continues to grow and develop, self handling in stations, EWR winter operation. The list goes on and on.

Jet2 ordering 5 a330 would in my opinion distract them from the good of their short haul network and the growth of then holidays division with new destinations needed from present bases and relativitley new bases alongside brand new destinations (e.g. Greece, Italy). 5 a330 seems to little scale for a long haul op considering they would probably hit STN MAN and a Scottish airport (room for long haul up there?) relatively hard so to speak. MCO CUN would tie up 5 airframes from 3 bases leaving little slack for SBY units (Jet2's keen on them) and I would probably think that Heeson would want to offer more than 2 long haul destinations. 5 orders and 10 options maybe.

Anyway like I say until I see it I don't believe it. If it had solely been a further order for 737-800's I'd of believed it but with the a330 until you show me source and proof I'll sit back and say jet2 will grow in 2019 and probably sit back and stabilise in 2020 ready for 2021 growth

Does anyone have any heads up why G-celh is positioning from Barcelona to Alicante as it operated the outbound LS231?

I believe the aircraft went tech shortly after arriving into Barcelona after operating LS231 service from Leeds. Instead of waiting to get the problem rectified G-JZHB was sourced from ALC to BCN so it could then operate the return flight to LBA, as we speak now HB is enroute to LBA with the LS232 service. It would appear LH has been fixed so is now positioning out to ALC as the standby aircraft the airline has out there.

Jet2 really take-off again over next few days for the xmas & New Years Period.

Alicante = Increases from 4+ to 5+ weekly - Mon/Tue*, Thu, Fri, Sat & Sun
Amsterdam = Decreases from 8+ to 5+ weekly - Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu & Fri
Barcelona = Decreases from 4+ to 2+ weekly - Mon/Tue* & Fri
Arrecife = Increases from 3+ to 4+ weekly - Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat
Malaga = Incenses from 4+ to 5+ weekly - Mon/Tue*, Thu, Fri, Sat & Sun
Paris Cdg = Decreases from 4+ to 3+ weekly - Mon/Tue*, Thu & Fri
Tenerife South = Increases from 6+ to 7+ weekly - Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri (x2), Sat & Sun
No change
Berlin = 2x weekly - Mon/Tue* & Fri
Budapest = 2x weekly - Mon/Tue* & Fri
Fuerteventura = 2x weekly - Tue & Sat
Las Palmas = 3x weekly - Tue, Sat & Sun
Funchal = 2x weekly - Mon/Tue* & Fri
Prague = 2x weekly - Tue & Thu

Jet2 have today put on sale their winter 2018/19 Christmas Market flights. From LBA, these include a single flights to Vienna, Copenhagen and Cologne (is that a new one??) and throughout November and December, 2 flights a week (Mon/Fri) to Krakow except Christmas week when the Monday flight operates on Boxing Day.

It might have helped if I had checked out 2019 too instead of just November and December 2018. Had I done that I might have noted that in fact Krakow if back, full stop. On sale for winter next year, twice weekly and presumably going head to head with Ryanair? This one is so new, that KRK doesn't even appear yet on the Jet2 route map as a destination. Of course, it could be an error but it appears to be correct.

I would suspect @White Heather that Jet2holidays will the the driving factor behind the CGN. Christmas markets are a very good way of bringing in some extra cash over winter whilst exposing the Jet2holidays brand to those who are more inclined to take a city break over week in the Sun and would travel over the pennines to fly to CGN direct.

Also don't forget they will already have all the data on the amount of customers heading to CGN from the DUS route they operated for nearly 12 years.

New here's the published timetable for Jet2 new Leeds/Bradford to Krakow service. The service will operate 2x weekly using Boeing 737-300 aircraft with flights commencing from November 9th 2018.

Mondays
LS295 = LBA 11:00 KRK 14:35 / LS296 = KRK 15:20 LBA 17:00 - Nov 12th/Dec 17th & Feb 18th/Mar 25th
Wednesdays
LS295 = LBA 11:00 KRK 14:35 / LS296 = KRK 15:20 LBA 17:00 - Dec 26th/Jan 2nd
Fridays
LS295 = LBA 09:00 KRK 12:35 / LS296 = KRK 13:20 LBA 15:00 - Nov 9th/Jan 4th & Feb 15th/29th

Just seen the following article on the bdaiily website which just cnfirms Jet2 new route to Krakow and next years xmas trips to Cologne, Vienna and Copenhagen

Source: https://bdaily.co.uk/articles/2017/...tmas-market-trips-from-leeds-bradford-airport

kg5CN1t5vOtLIZmQCG1zaaNZ6msd1hZSvBjTWxiT.jpeg

Jet2 announces 'biggest ever programme' of Christmas market trips from Leeds Bradford Airport
EDITOR Nick Hill on 21 DEC 2017

Jet2.com and Jet2CityBreaks has expanded its Christmas market trips from Leeds Bradford Airport by announcing a brand-new route to Cologne.

This new trip means that Jet2.com and Jet2CityBreaks has now put three breaks on sale for customers from Leeds Bradford Airport, up from two in 2017.

As well as the route to Cologne for 2018, festive breaks will also operate to Copenhagen and Vienna.

Following completely sold-out programmes in both 2016 and 2017, these dedicated weekend trips are on sale six months earlier than ever before. Each two-night break departs on a Friday and returns on a Sunday.

Customers this year can take their Christmas pick from Vienna 23 – 25 November 2018; Copenhagen 30 November - 2 December 2018 or Cologne 7 – 9 December 2018

Alongside this, Jet2.com and Jet2CityBreaks is announcing the launch of flights and breaks to Krakow from Leeds Bradford next winter and into Summer 2019.

From November 2018, the company will operate two weekly flights to the city, jet2 will fly to 53 destinations in total from Leeds Bradford.

Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays, said: “In the spirit of Christmas, we are launching our biggest ever programme of dedicated Christmas market trips from Leeds Bradford Airport, including a new trip to the wonderful city of Cologne.

“Every year these breaks sell out completely, so we have added more breaks and put them on sale earlier than ever before, giving customers more chance than ever to visit some of Europe’s best winter wonderlands.

“To give Yorkshire holidaymakers even more festive cheer, we are also announcing a new route from Leeds Bradford, with twice weekly flights to Krakow starting in November 2018.

“With 53 destinations now on sale from Leeds Bradford Airport, we are giving Yorkshire holidaymakers even more choice and flexibility from their local airport, which is great news heading into Christmas.”

David Laws, chief executive at Leeds Bradford Airport, commented: “Following Jet2.com’s recent expansion of its winter sun programme from Leeds Bradford Airport, we welcome these additional flights offering even greater choice to customers wanting to travel from their local airport.

“2018 marks Jet2.com’s biggest ever programme of flights from Leeds Bradford Airport.”

JZBF is making her commercial debut this morning. Leeds to Alicante and back.
737-300 G-GDFK(Channex 051K) positioned out to Lasham for maintenance(1410)

Given that all the new 737-800's seem to appear first at LBA on delivery then go skittering off to other bases does anyone know how many/which airframes are in use at the moment and which/how many are away on maintenance given that, with the exception of Christmas and New Year, we are now in a quieter period?

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock