I'm not sure how good JetBlue would be for BHX at this point. Unless they get widebody aircraft (which is unlikely), they'll be limited to serving the NE USA - i.e. the same market as Primera. Whilst New York might have enough demand for both, I can't see anywhere else doing so currently.

I'm not sure how good JetBlue would be for BHX at this point. Unless they get widebody aircraft (which is unlikely), they'll be limited to serving the NE USA - i.e. the same market as Primera. Whilst New York might have enough demand for both, I can't see anywhere else doing so currently.
While it's true there probably is limited demand to purely the east coast. As Primera aren't serving Boston from Birmingham, that could offer a good starting point.
A big benefit of having JetBlue start a TATL route from BHX is their onward connections throughout the US, and to a lesser extent their brand awareness.
They also have some useful codeshares and a frequent flyer program, all adding up to a promising proposition.
No doubt, it would need careful planning and the numbers would have to stack up but I think it has potential (y)

For example, here's their connections from Boston (from flightconnections.com)
NX7BrlR.png

I agree Ian. The recent loco move into the TATL market has been Euro airlines led. The americans are waking up to a missed opportunity. JetBlue no doubt sense that and benefit from the hub and spoke network. Will fit well with BHX where there is no full cost competition propped up by corporate America and frequent flyer schemes.

Wonderful US connections and they're highly thought of vs the traditional US carriers. I'd love the connection. Vancouver with a break in Boston - perfect!

Next week is set to be a busy one with several new routes being launched.

Thursday the 3rd sees Jet2 commence Thessaloniki, Kos and Almeria.
Friday the 4th we have Thomas Cook start Gerona and Bodrum, Jet2 start Dalaman and TUi bring back Enfidha.
Saturday the 5th has Jet2 start Zakynthos.
Sunday the 6th sees Thomas Cook start Thessaloniki and Jet2 start Split and Pisa.

The local cake maker is in for a busy week :)

I love it when May begins, lets hope the weather here plays ball so we can make a trip to the airport to watch the planes which always makes me happy. :)

May the 1st was the traditional start of the summer season. I would always manage a cycle out to the airport the first weekend of May to watch the airport in full swing.

I hope the UK and US can get their aviation bilaterals sorted in the next month or two. The US's reluctance to admit carriers without a majority UK ownership has been making me nervous.

A lack of agreement could be a disaster for just about every UK airport that handles TATL flights as Virgin (LHR, LGW, MAN, GLA, BFS), Norwegian (LGW, EDI, BFS), and Primera do not meet the criterion. I don't know the ownership of TUI and TCX but even they could conceivably be ineligible, spread across the EU as they are.

At least Jet2 will have nothing to worry about should they venture into long haul :rolleyes:

I don't know the ownership of TUI and TCX but even they could conceivably be ineligible, spread across the EU as they are.
TUI is probably the one who would be least effected as they only fly to Sanford in the US so would only lose that route TCX on the other hand would be massively more effected considering their ever growing US operation out of MAN.
Considering Virgin is owned 49% by Delta Airlines i'd have thought they would be ok.
The US3 have way to much to lose if the new deal isn't similar to the last one so i'd be very surprised if there is any change to it.

Considering Virgin is owned 49% by Delta Airlines i'd have thought they would be ok.
The US3 have way to much to lose if the new deal isn't similar to the last one so i'd be very surprised if there is any change to it.
It seems to me that there are potential gains as well as potential losses for the US3 but obviously whatever position they push for will be determined by which outweighs the other.

On the one hand there could be less competition from low cost disrupters but on the other hand there could be alliances and as you mentioned, joint ventures potentially broken up.

I'd be interested to see the effects of the Virgin joint venture on Delta's revenue as Virgin aren't exactly a cash cow but then again, it gives Delta more flexibility on their UK services.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock