So if this is all correct,
then its gone from from 5x weekly to 3x weekly from now until mid-June,
from daily to 4x weekly during summer
and from 5x weekly to 3x weekly during the Winter!

So if this is all correct,
then its gone from from 5x weekly to 3x weekly from now until mid-June,
from daily to 4x weekly during summer
and from 5x weekly to 3x weekly during the Winter!
Yep it sure looks like it.:banghead::banghead:

According to the airport the flights will operate as schedules 5 weekly then daily until November.

It will be interesting to see what comes of this. Given the fact the CEO himself but his neck on the line and publicly stated he wanted CWL over BRS, I have a feeling there's more to this than just low loads. I'm sure I read somewhere that QR are looking to lease 787's to BA, so maybe it's an aircraft availability thing again. I've seen the loads from EDI/DUB/MAN and BHX before and none of them were anything to shout about, and certainly not that far off current CWL loads.

Severn. I note that on one forum you've been told you might have a computer problem and on another an accusation of sour grapes. If you do have a computer problem then so do I.

I've just carried out test bookings for CWL-DOH on dates within the various periods you mentioned, with the following results.

Sunday 10 June via CDG with Flybe on the first leg
Monday 11 June no flights available
Tuesday 12 June via CDG or EDI with Flybe on the first leg
Wednesday 13 June direct non-stop
Thursday 14 June via EDI with Flybe on the first leg
Friday 15 June direct non-stop
Saturday 16 June direct non-stop

Sunday 15 July via EDI with Flybe on the first leg (entails overnight stop at EDI of over 11 hours)
Monday 16 July direct non-stop
Tuesday 17 July via CDG with Flybe on the first leg
Wednesday 18 July direct non-stop
Thursday 19 July via EDI with Flybe on the first leg
Friday 20 July direct non-stop
Saturday 21 July direct non-stop

Sunday 27 January via CDG or EDI with Flybe on the first leg
Monday 28 January direct non-stop
Tuesday 29 January via CDG or EDI with Flybe on the first leg
Wednesday 30 January no flights available
Thursday 31 January via EDI with Flybe on first leg (entails overnight stop at EDI of 12 hours)
Friday 1 February direct non-stop
Saturday 2 February direct non-stop

Either there is a major glitch in the Qatar web booking engine or there has been a reduction in frequencies of direct non-stop flights. Either way it needs addressing urgently both for booked passnegers and for any who might be thinking of booking.

Even if it's down to aircraft availability and not poor loads it will still reflect badly on the airport itself that just 2 weeks into it's brand new route and airline that it gets the axe taken to it's schedule. The airport has been fighting hard to get rid of it's negative image and know doubt too attract new airlines and this could set it back quite a lot.

does anyone have stats for these flights? intrested to know how its doing
Until the CAA release Mays stats we won't know and that should be roughly around July time i'd have thought.

There is one thing i've just noticed and that the flights that have been axed are the morning arrival and departure. The flights that have stayed are the afternoon arrival and departure.

It makes you wonder if senior management at QR let AL-Bakker have his way for launching CWL but they are directly retaliating by going for commercial reality (or should I say loss minimisation) by paring down frequency to match expected demand. If the loads for QR at other airports within UK/Ireland are at similar levels to CWL you have to bear in mind the competition that exists at those airport for the ME3 connectivity so they may feel compelled to either stick with the route or quit the route and not reduce frequency. No competition in the vicinity = chop and change time.

I've messaged CWL's ***Links to other Social Media platforms are not permitted***- page to advise on this. Not sure if they'll have much to say if at all as the social media team may not know themselves.

It makes you wonder if senior management at QR let AL-Bakker have his way for launching CWL
Well he did say many of his advisory team wanted to launch from BRS but he also said that operationally that wasn't possible. I do know that having it axed so savagely is embarrasing for the airport but hopefully that will be it and the service will be left to grow but i do wonder at the viability of a hub service at 4 weekly.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock