Don't know what the problem was / is. They are landing 05R which wouldn't normally open until 13.00.
Not sure about departures.

The issue was an enter air B737 having a tech issue as it lined up on the runway. 05R was brought into use after a quick inspection.

Yes, shuttles never bother to hang around for long.

Thanks User for the info. It will always take a few minutes to open R2. As you say, an inspection is needed and presumably some fire crew have to get over there.

Just watched a Monarch flight come over Leeds from the North West inbound to Manchester on weather avoidance due thunderstorms. The aircraft path matches the outside of the storms radar returns exactly.

Foggy today! HU7903 has ended up in BHX. AC1930 is going to either LHR or LGW.

We had a Jet2 CDG-LBA divert in earlier on (now positioned back) and now have BE772 GLA-SOU diverting in.

Surprised how many cancellations were showing on MAN arrivals last night and this morning.
Easyjet had 4 - Belfast, Basel, Pisa and I think Paphos. Ryanair's Palma was cancelled as was the LH from Frankfurt. Not all due to the French ATC strike surely, or predicted weather problems?
I suppose the other possibility is planned frequency reductions at this time of the year not reflected on the arrivals board, but that seems unlikely.

This morning the first 2 KLM inbounds are cancelled. Weather?

FlyBe first AMS rotation showing cancelled too. City fans travelling to AMS (for Feyenoord tonight) are posting that they've been told there is an issue with the Dutch ATC computer. A number of short-hauls have been cancelled there but FR24 shows aircraft landing again. Plenty booked to travel over from MAN for the UCL match in Rotterdam tonight.

Hi I'm in Amsterdam bad winds was told yesterday by klm that some flights would be cancelled today

This mornings EK22 was cancelled, and the A380 towed over to stand 62.

No idea how they intend to disperse 489 passengers, as only about 60 seats were left on the latter 2 flights.

Liverpool 100m just wondered why these have come to BHX when MAN is clear ?

G-EZDS EZY7104 MAD-LPL

G-EZBO EZY614 BFS – LPL

Both landed BHX

These would have come to BHX as Menzies were short staffed. Handling issues all round with them at the moment, they are on a stage 2 warning from MAN to improve. Stage 3 and they are asked to vacate the airfield.

The Ryanair flight IBZ-LPL did land at MAN, the others went elsewhere.

Last edited:
These would have come to BHX as Menzies were short staffed. Handling issues all round with them at the moment, they are on a stage 2 warning from MAN to improve. Stage 3 and they are asked to vacate the airfield.

I was fully expecting lack of parking stands to be an issue this Autumn and Winter with regard to accepting diversions. But this problem with handling agents of staff shortages seems to happen every year. I appreciate airlines only want to pay peanuts for handling and that it was a busy period for our own arrivals last evening but isn't it about time MAN & the airlines sorted it out. It's a bit different from decades ago when the airport and Servisair accepted (perhaps unwisely on occasions) just about everything that was thrown at them. Nowadays, even if stands are available and the airport prepared to accept diversions, the handling agent appears to have the final word.

Out of interest, what other handling agents are there now at MAN, and who handles Ryanair?

LS218 (EXS18T) G-LSAH B752 ACE-LBA diverting to MAN due to fog at LBA 01.20
Also LS224 G-LSAJ.

KU117 B77W diverting in due to SNN being closed.

Looks like he was going to go to STN but STN unable to accept him for security screening thus MAN bound.

We have also had about 6 aircraft return on full emergency over the day due to burning odours.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock