Many thanks for the list Severn

My luck that half the scheduled movements I posted at an earlier stage are no longer operating or have a change of day ! A310 would have been a nice one for the spotters but judging from the list of flights coming in and the aicraft type, there's plenty of different movements that will be great for the airport itself and also the spotter, The website below seems to give the list of types due in , An Iberia A340, Alitalia A330 amongst them.

http://footballcharters.blogspot.co.uk

Good to see also that BRS has some nice traffic coming in and along with the business flights in both CWL and BRS wherever the spotters head there should be some good photo opportunities avaliable, Let's hope the weather stays dry, and everything goes to plan, It should be a great weekend for the airport and the city itself

I'm wondering if the A340 will bring in the Real Madrid team as Iberia's have 46 business class seats so I'm guessing that should be more than enough for Reals players and staff.

The teams for the Champions League final have arrived! Juventus arrived on an Alitalia A321 I-BIXR from Turin and Real Madrid arrived on an Iberia A321 EC-HUH from Madrid.

Iberia A340 600 EC-JNQ is on the way! Expected arrival at 17.25!

Any help appreciated been told by someone today who was coming from the same area as me who has friends down here people have been moved on by the police and security quite often today. Come a long way so appreciate a heads up if anywhere bar the official site that is being put on is worth chancing. Lad who was coming is now going to LHR.

Any help appreciated been told by someone today who was coming from the same area as me who has friends down here people have been moved on by the police and security quite often today. Come a long way so appreciate a heads up if anywhere bar the official site that is being put on is worth chancing. Lad who was coming is now going to LHR.
http://www.spotcwl.com/
Try this site as it has a map of spotting sites around the airport. There are also some road closures around the airport which are on the site and there is also some links to some useful sites as well.
The holiday inn roundabout tends to be where people get moved on the most.

And we have a bonus A340 on the way!

Titan Airways G-ZAPW 737 300 departed at 15.11 to Belgrade with the Welsh football team who will play Serbia in a World cup qualifier at 19.00 tomorrow.

Titan Airways ZT6942 due to land from Belgrade with the Welsh football team at 02.35.

This is off topic so far as CWL is concerned, but I read yesterday that Leicester City chartered an aircraft for a 14-minute flight to play Manchester United: EMA-MAN presumably.

If it's true, and I have no reason to doubt it, that is nonsensical in my eyes and shows yet again the obscene amount of money washing around top level football. Reason seems to have gone out of the window.

This is off topic so far as CWL is concerned, but I read yesterday that Leicester City chartered an aircraft for a 14-minute flight to play Manchester United: EMA-MAN presumably.

If it's true, and I have no reason to doubt it, that is nonsensical in my eyes and shows yet again the obscene amount of money washing around top level football. Reason seems to have gone out of the window.

I agree with you TLY. It would have taken them longer to drive to EMA, fly to MAN, drive to Old Trafford than it would to have driven direct.

Or it could be like the other week when Southampton FC flew to MAN, but was then met at Manchester airport by their personal team bus to take them into the city, a bus which drove up that day also!

When i landed yesterday i saw there was a Czech Airlines ATR72 parked on stand 14 which departed today. I believe it brought in a Czech Ice Hockey team to play Cardiff Devils. According to SWAG it arrived on Wednesday at 12.40 from Prague and departed today for Vxajo Smaland in Sweden at 10.16.
Another possible Ice Hockey related flight is a People's Viennaline E170 from Vaxjo Smaland which arrived at 13.40 and departed from stand 11 for Alterhein in Switzerland at 14.48.
Austrian Airlines A320 arrived at 12.15 from Vienna with the Austrian football team who play Wales on Saturday night. The aircraft departed back to Vienna from stand 9 at 13.48.
Info from South Wales Aviation Group.

A Cello Jet 737 300 will arrive from BHX at about 12.15 and will depart for Chisnau at 15.00 with the Welsh football team who will be playing Moldova on Tuesday.

Strachan Sports Travel have put on a special charter to Georgia flying from Cardiff Airport for Wales football's important World Cup Qualifying match in Tbilisi on 6th October. The flight will depart overnight on Thursday 5th October the fans will get a full day in Tbilisi and then return overnight on Friday 6th October.
a.jpg

I've been looking online to see if i can find the Strachan Sports flight charter to Georgia for the Wales football match tomorrow and it looks like it didn't happen which is a shame. I know the team departed yesterday on a Titan A320 and i'd imagine that many fans are making their own way may well have used KLM and been caught up in today's cancellations so let's hope they get there for the game.

I've been looking online to see if i can find the Strachan Sports flight charter to Georgia for the Wales football match tomorrow and it looks like it didn't happen which is a shame. I know the team departed yesterday on a Titan A320 and i'd imagine that many fans are making their own way may well have used KLM and been caught up in today's cancellations so let's hope they get there for the game.
I hope it's a better game than the boring England-Slovenia this evening. Who was listed to operate the supporters' flight?

I hope it's a better game than the boring England-Slovenia this evening. Who was listed to operate the supporters' flight?
I don't know who was down to operate it. I can't find any evidence of the flight which leads me to think the take up wasn't great.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock