Jul 16, 2015
as seen as they are now bookable, they deserve their own thread.

2 weekly initially on Thu/Sun. Arrives 0920 departs 1000. CO516/517 (nice to see the CO code back in use after the disappearance of Continental Airlines).

Starts 4th July and rises to 4 weekly from Sept 15th when more aircraft are delivered.

Airline route reporting that Manchester will be Cobalts first scheduled flight.

Regardless if we think they will do well or not, to be an airlines first route is quite an accolade!

Following Cypriot tradition here, Manchester via Brussels was opened with a Trident in advance of Heathrow and after the invasion on receipt of their own 707s Manchester was a lead destination.

Only after they started chasing the rouble did CY go down hill and leave - We know how that panned out !

The inaugural Cobalt seemed to pass by without much fanfare today, but fully booked both in and out.

Full in and out on a European route with only a limited amount of time from announcement to inaugural flight is very impressive - it's not like there's a large Cypriot community with word-of-mouth helping bookings.

Cobalt is reducing MAN-LCA to one flight per week (Sunday) for Winter season. They contacted me today to confirm this, as the change affected a booking which I had made with them. I haven't checked the whole of the W16/7 season, but flights operate once weekly around the dates I had originally booked to travel.

If these guys last the winter is be gobsmacked. It's a shoddy operation without a hope in the world. Aircraft leases cost more than they make!

If these guys last the winter is be gobsmacked. It's a shoddy operation without a hope in the world. Aircraft leases cost more than they make!
Their under new management now and they've said they are taking it more slowly.

Haha, great news to see a new airline doing well at MAN.

Do they operate a319/a320 at MAN?

They do have an a321 so could operate that if loads were promising. It appears DUB has had the chop already so one would assume the very fact it remained was a good sign but now an increase is great!

Think's it's known as garnering a bit more of the market prior to any presumed "return" of Cyprus Airways. If you were going there on holiday, donning the "ordinary" punter's hat on, I don't think "Cobalt" would automatically lead you to think of Cyprus whereas you've got the dead giveaway in the other airline's name .

It will be interesting to note the final tally (if we can). I flew with them on the A320 in mid-winter (November) and the aircraft was 100% full. And that was after the flight had changed day of operation with afew weeks to go, so pax had been offered the option to cancel. I actually did fly back home with Aegean / SAS due to the day changes. But obviously no lack of market awareness there. Still recommend their unique hot meal offering: three different flavours of Pot Noodle! Who else can offer that? :)

Cobalt flights from Manchester (and Stansted) are now viewable via GDS systems like Amadeus and Sabre, where previously they were not. This means the airline can work closer with agents and gain better visibility on booking engines.

They say BHX will follow in time.

Flew Cobalt on Friday on an aircraft with the new Business Class cabin. 8/12 Business seats occupied (offered for €75 onboard) and 76/144 economy seats occupied onboard A320. Will take a look at the load as I fly back tomorrow.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock