Still grinning from Coventry winning. Fantastic news and well deserved.

Also congrats to those who decide the City of Culture. They have selected in Hull and now Coventry great but misunderstood cities who deserve their time in the spotlight. Hull has been a fantastic champion for culture and Coventry will no dount follow suit.

2.5 million visitors in 2021....May I be the first to offer a prediction for 2021 passenger throughput - 16.43 million.

Thanks for that. While I'm here I will try and explain why I made those comments. When Ray first posted i had absolutely no idea what he was talking about and just responded in a flippant way. A few minutes later it became clear what it was all about and I remembered catching half of a report on midlands today a few nights back concerning Stoke on Trent and that they were hoping to secure funding for amongst other things the restoration of some of the few remaining kilns left in what appeared to be a very grim run down part of what was once a world renowned producer of pottery . From what I saw and heard in the report I felt Stoke on Trent was probably more deserving of the award than Coventry which although has it's problems and deprived areas has enjoyed some recent success stories particularly in the motor industry with for example the continuing expansion and prosperity of JLR and London taxis (shame it takes foreign ownership to get things right) hence my second post. Anyway hopefully the money will be allocated properly, spent wisely and provide a lasting legacy.

Fair play and to be honest I felt really bad after my replies but I appreciate you accepting the apology I also contacted Ray about my messages in shame

Ok well moving on now i do indeed agree the key thing now is that the money is spent correctly and that it helps Coventry.

I do hope this is followed up with commonwealth games for Brum in 2022.

I just want our while region to prosper

I also feel for Stoke. Another deserving city and misrepresented. I recall it held the National Garden Festival but there was no follow up and legacy. Shone brightly.

Sad thing is the way these bids work it is unlikely the West Midlands would win the next one as another region will be selected. Northern Ireland in 2013. Yorkshire and Humberside in 2017. West Midlands in 2021. Heading southwards so maybe the south west next time. So for Stoke it has probably lost out for a very long time.

Probably Wales or Scotland the next time. Swansea missed out this time. If they are in for it next time and the organisers decide it's the turn of Wales I hope it's Swansea. They always seem the poor relation to Cardiff when the Welsh Government is splashing the cash.

OK all. This is the most important question I can think to ask right now. In a world dominated by news of Trump, Brexit, Syria, the Blue Planet, Jet2 and Primera and general doom and gloom there is one question which must be answered: is Morningtown Train the best song you ever sang in school assembly?

is Morningtown Train the best song you ever sang in school assembly?

I don't ever remember singing that one?

I remember All Things Bright and Beautiful, Morning Has Broken and Lord of the Dance.

We may also have had The Rainbow Song (Red and yellow and pink and.....etc) and Michael Finnegan on occasions.

How could I have forgotten He's Got The Whole World In His Hands?

I seem to remember singing a Beatles song or two as one of the teachers was a huge fan.

It's a nightmare for the airport but the kids are loving the snow.

They're back inside now warming up after building a snowman and hammering Mrs F with a barrage of snowballs :)

They're back inside now warming up after building a snowman and hammering Mrs F with a barrage of snowballs :)

Seems fair enough don't tell her though.
Only joking, I've got the grandkids tomorrow as school will undoubtedly be closed so it'll probably be my turn tomorrow!

Bottom of the table, atrocious performances and a strong feeling that Cotterill is out of his depth with only two wins in 11.

I'm starting to feel like I did when Zola was in charge :(

Would 'Arry have done any worse? I really don't know?

I wonder if Mcleish is available :wideyed:

Meanwhile up at Pride Park.......

Bottom of the table, atrocious performances and a strong feeling that Cotterill is out of his depth with only two wins in 11.

Precisely. Not sure who owns the club nowadays but everything is pretty useless and they seem not to have a clue. Fear we are heading the same way as Coventry.

Rowett said yesterday that he did not want to leave...which means he did or something went on that led to his firing. Fair enough, but for Pete's sake the club could have gone and got a better manager than the three they have had since.

So who is available? I cannot see Cotterill surviving much longer to be honest. Nice fella but.....

We have a dog at home who is available, comes cheap just needs walks, sleeps and feeding and is definitely good at keeping the ball but seriously we are a joke, going out tonight for a Christmas do and a couple of Villa fans will be with us can hardly wait !

Year after Sacking Rowett how much progress have me made? Pretty much nothing, this season only managed to score twice in one game and that was way back in August. Unless a miracle happen one thinks this is the year we could get relegated. Just like Villa who avoided the drop from the Premiership for good few years but in the end inevitably did so.

Steve Cotterill was fine in League One. He took Bristol City back to the Championship at a canter but that division found him out. He was also stubborn and would not change his tactics much to the frustration of many fans.

Sacking managers is often not the panacea that clubs perceive. Give Steve Lansdown at Bristol City his due. He refused to sack Lee Johnson last season, in the face of a huge campaign from fans. Johnson kept the club up - just! This season he and the team are a revelation, made more praiseworthy by the fact that several important players have been out with long-term injuries.

Perhaps other clubs should take heed that patience with managers/head coaches (whatever they are called) can be more effective in the long run than the knee-jerk reaction of showing them the door.

Are mangers in post for a long time because they are successful, or are they successful because they have been in post for a long time?

I'm not sure of the answer to that one but we are a total shambles at the moment and one way or another something has to change or League One beckons.

More and more I'm thinking that we should give rollo's hound a shot :)

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock