Hey all,

Just arrived on LY-VEN from DLM. 53 pax on board. First Tuesday flight of the season. It was full going out of BHX this morning. Off and out with bags in 7 mins.....outrageously good service. The guy at Swissport /Arvin Aviation thought I was going to complain when I approached, but credit where credit is due. He was quite surprised I complimented the service I had just received.
Weird goings on at DLM today. On the plane with plenty of time to spare. Arrived at the departure time of 16.40hrs and instead of closing the doors, everyone was told to get off the plane. Eurocontrol had crashed across Europe apparently??.
No sooner had we got back into the terminal, then we were rushed back onto the plane and departed immediately. We had been told we would have to wait at least 2.5hrs in the terminal before the flight would leave. Then whoosh.....we were gone. Bizarre really.

Cheers

Karl

Arrived back yesterday from a few weeks in Florida.

Originally this trip was booked on the United flight. Once that was cancelled, the routing we ended up with was....
BHX-FRA-Toronto-Florida Southwest ( RSW/Fort Myers) out
RSW-Newark-FRA-BHX return

No problems at all out from BHX, security was good, flight on time, 06.15 to Frankfurt, fairly full.
Did not enjoy transiting Frankfurt, security was a mare. Huge queues, everyone going through the body scanner, and it seemed everyone having a rather aggressive pat down after the body scanner.
Transiting Toronto was OK, especially as you clear US immigration, yet another body scan as well.
Had to wait quite a while for bags in RSW, at least 30 mins.
Return was good, much prefer flying from the smaller airports in the US. RSW is fairly busy though handles about 9m pax per year. No queues for security in FRA on the return although body scanned again with the same aggressive pat down after.
We were on the lunchtime FRA flight and on landing at BHX, arrivals was really busy, but again immigration was being very well managed. Had to walk the usual barrier snake, but by the time we got to the egates, there were only a few people in front, and we were straight through. So, by now about 10 minutes after landing, got to the baggage belt and our cases were going around, could not have been happier.

So on this trip we went through 5 airports and the best experience without a doubt was BHX.

Just a word on RSW, an airport that never really gets mentioned when Florida destinations are discussed. We have used this a few times in the past and it is a great airport for the lower gulf coast of Florida, and only 2-3 hours drive from Tampa, St Petes, Orlando, Miami and Fort Lauderdale. We drove back from just North of Key West on Thursday in 4 hours so not bad for that either. There are not any direct flights from the UK to RSW, although there are quite a few from Germany in the summer. Eurowings are operating 12 flights a week during the summer from 3 airports in Germany. Maybe the RD team could discuss with TUI, Primera etc, but probably whistling in the wind really. It is certainly an under served area of Florida for flights direct from the UK and would be a bit of a niche destination.

Just arrived in Istanbul on TC-JNA from BHX. Good flight....super congestion at Istanbul meant circling for an eternity. So a 3hr 20 min flight became 4hrs. It was full coming into BHX. 65 of us going back to Istanbul. Very nice.

Cheers

Karl

Kalinichta from Zakynthos where today has been hotter than the surface of the sun.

Arrived early at BHX with lightning striking across the sky and thunder rumbling. Didn't fancy it at all but by the time we departed the storms had passed.

Lovely flight down on G-TDCY with a smooth transit through BHX.

Will add more upon our return.

Best crack open a Mythos to cool down.

This was the first of many :)

full

Finally booked with jet2 to Gran Canaria next April really looking forward to trying them , we have to book so far in advance as the apartment we want gets booked up 6/12 months in advance depending on season just hope jet2 are not using the A321 as it seems to consistently suffer delays.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock