Evening all,

Not BHX related as such, but I needed to fly IST-BHX last Wednesday. BHX price £216 one way.....LHR £75. I try to use BHX as much as I can but this was a no brainer and flew on TC-LJE which was a very nice ride albeit rammed to the rafters.
It pisses me off no end that TK do this. I wonder how many other people on the flight were going to the midlands off of that aircraft.
Rumours abound of an increase on the BHX-IST route which I hope may bring the prices down a little. Some of them are eyewateringly high at times.
Let's see how BHX is running this Thursday when I pop through to get home. Last time it was seamless even though it was heaving. Without Monarch the pressure should be less, even though a mate of mine said security was backed up to the bottom of the stairs on the Eurohub side last Saturday morning. Has BHX laid any security staff off due to the demise of Monarch?

Cheers

Karl

Flying ti Iceland tomorrow has anybody else flown icelandair ? Whats the service on board like .

Flying Icelandair tomorrow has anybody flown them before if so whats the on board service like ?

All set for my first trip from BHX and also using Jet2 tomorrow morning ! Alarm set for 4am leaving from Cardiff, so a pretty early start to say the least ! I'll be sure to write a review of the whole BHX/Jet2 experience when I return next week :).

image.jpeg

Outbound was great not a problem watched a film and had a free coffee . It all started to go wrong last sunday nothing to do with the airline but they closed the airport at midday due to very high winds and driving rain . Our flight for monday morning was delayed from 7:50 to 9:10 (seats change from 34 a&b to 17 a&b) 10pm the flight was then delayed till 10am (seats change 17 a&b to 7 d&e) . We arrived at the airport 5:15am and checked in as we we're going into the departure lounge we got a text that the flight was delayed till 12:45pm so we had a long wait and had nothing to see cos it doesn't get light till around 9:15am . We got to the gate at 12pm and when we handed over our boarding passes we we're told yet again our seats had changed now back to 17 a&b . The flight left the gate at around 1:15pm and straight to the runway and took off , again the flight was great film and coffee .
We went straight through at BHX and only had a 20 min wait for the cases .
The good thing about it was we claimed for the trip we we're suppose to go on sunday afternoon and our flight delay and this morning we got all our money back so we had a free weekend .

I can remember back in the 70's (when it was HS146), the deliberations whether to build it or not.

Bridgetown on Friday for wife's cruise sadly St Maarten is not now a port of call still could be worse looking forward to the dreamliner and the rather unique arrival process for charter cruise flights at Barbados, off the plane, on the coach to the cruise terminal without entering the airport terminal, show passport and credit card then pass through a scanner onto the ship.
Immigration is done on departure?

Last edited:
Bridgetown on Friday for wife's cruise sadly St Maarten is not now a port of call still could be worse looking forward to the dreamliner and the rather unique arrival process for charter cruise flights at Barbados, off the plane, on the coach to the cruise terminal without entering the airport, show passport and credit card then pass through a scanner onto the ship.
Immigration is done on departure?

Lucky you. Any chance of some pickies?

Lucky you. Any chance of some pickies?

I'll see what I can do but to be honest all this computer stuff is a bit beyond me more into internal combustion engines, steam engines etc you know things with moving parts.

Nevertheless I'll take my Brownie 127 with me (you can google it if you want just like Ray did).
LOL

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock