ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome back to the site Guest !

CAA Provisional Statistics Update

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Aviador, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Carl0927

Carl0927 Premium Member I've upgraded to support F4A!

Media:
    some good results from LPL at moment.

Liverpool John Lennon airport sees passenger growth of 3% in first half of year
    by Phil Davies Jul 4th 2018, 10:48
    [​IMG]

Passengers using Liverpool John Lennon airport rose by 70,000 to 2.4 million in the first half of the year.

The growth of 3% meant the first six months of 2018 were the busiest at the Merseyside airport in seven years.

Figures for the past 12 months show that the airport’s annual passenger numbers have now exceeded five million for the first time since 2011.

Throughput in June was up 2.5% year-on-year to almost 470,000 passengers.

New services by Blue Air to Majorca and Malaga, Shannon by Ryanair, special Champions League final flights and higher passenger loads on existing routes helped to boost passenger numbers.

Growth is expected to continue during the second half of the year, with a number of new routes announced including easyJet to Pula, Dalaman and Palermo; Wideroe to Bergen in August and Ryanair to Paphos in October.

Aviation development director Paul Winfield said: “The first half of 2018 has been another successful period for the airport with more and more passengers taking advantage of the convenience of flying from Liverpool.

“The recent completion of the latest terminal improvements gives our growing numbers of passengers an even better customer experience and as we build up to the busiest time of the year with the start of the school summer holidays just a few weeks away, we expect to see further growth in passenger numbers during the second half of the year.”

COMMENTS

2. Aviador

Aviador Administrator Staff Member I've upgraded to support F4A!

Media:
    Albums:
    Unlike some other uk airports Liverpool is lucky it hasn't had to endure the loss of a major airline. LBA, MAN and BHX were hit hard by the loss of Monarch last year. All have made good progress to replace lost services but it's been an uphill struggle.

Carl0927 likes this.
  3. Carl0927

Media:
    That's true, but Liverpool did suffer from quite a lot of routes transferred by Ryanair and Easyjet to Manchester a few years back when they decided to open bases there too. So it's also been an uphill struggle to get back to where it was, it looks like Liverpool may have just about got to where it was prior to transfers which is good to see.

Aviador, rollo and Jerry like this.
  4. mullion

mullion Active Member

The loss of 9 based units at MAN and BHX is a large number to refill

Aviador likes this.
  5. Carl0927

Media:
    indeed it is, as it has been for LPL from getting back from less than 4M in 2015.

Aviador likes this.
  6. Carl0927

Media:
    Whilst Easyjet and Ryanair have shown increases in seat in June 2018, there are reduction for Blue Air (-19%) less Hamburg and Larnaca , but plus Palma and Malaga however these routes have only just started. Wizzair is less 30 % with routes to Riga and Craiova not operating. Thomson is -36%, no route changes but 4 rotations less than 2017. Thomson are taking seats on Easyjet and Blue airs services now however. Flybe is 1% down over June 2017.

An odd thing that looks like it may happen is Easyjet transferring the LPL-LIS to MAN, even though this route has been running for a number of years and is probably the highest L/F of all routes from LPL being 96% in April and 94% in May. Being such a popular service I don't understand why Easyjet would do this particularly being they will encounter direct competition at MAN. It would be a prime route for Blue Air to grab if this happens.

7. mullion

mullion Active Member

Is it a based unit

8. Carl0927

Media:
    I think so, but not sure to be fair.

9. mullion

mullion Active Member

The reason I ask is because Manchester is supposedly going up by 1 for the winter to 14

10. Carl0927

Media:
    I don't know for certain, just what i've heard.