ADVERTISEMENT

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome back to the site Guest !

Airband Scanner (Which one's best....?)

Discussion in 'Avgeek' started by Wf3, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Oasisscott

Oasisscott New Member

Hello have £100 and would like tj know what recommendations anyone has on a amateur scanner that I can listen to aircraft, will I be able to listen fro home or will I need to be in a certain range? Had one when I was a kid bit that was back in the analogue days and pre www!!! So thought I'd seek advice before spending my cash !?

2. Aviador

Aviador Administrator Staff Member I've upgraded to support F4A!

Media:
    Albums:
    Re: Airband scanner

I would probably recommend getting a good reconditioned radio which will be much cheaper than a brand new one but it will work just as well.

I don't have one at the moment but I used to have the Yupiteru 125 and the Yupiteru 225. Both were exceptionally good and seem to last just about forever. I had mine for over a decade. So far as I know the brand is still going and they are still making airband radios.

I'm not up to date with the latest versions or other brands so I can only speak for the Yupiteru.

3. Northeast441

Northeast441 New Member

Hi,

Did you ever get sorted with your scanner?

4. Tim R-T-C

Tim R-T-C New Member

Any new developments in this field. Looking for a scanner around £100 for Christmas.

Happy to go re-conditioned, but could someone point me in the best direction to source one of these.

Thanks.