Another airline gone and another city added to the unserved list.

Easyjet start the route from Bristol in a few weeks so at least we'll have an option not too far away.

Not news i want to hear (n)

But it was bookable a few weeks ago. :confused: its even gone from the drop down list.

Our star alliance airlines are slowly slipping away. Maybe one for Primera Air as they do serve athens from a number of scandinavian airports in S18.

That's not good.

I had noticed MAN has gone down to 3 weekly again next summer after being bookable at 4 weekly. Was going to check BHX but didn't have time.

Wonder what's caused them to have a slight retreat in the UK regions, as Greece performed quite well this summer across the board?

That's not good.

I had noticed MAN has gone down to 3 weekly again next summer after being bookable at 4 weekly. Was going to check BHX but didn't have time.

Wonder what's caused them to have a slight retreat in the UK regions, as Greece performed quite well this summer across the board?

We will never know User001 , it appears to be the trend at the minuite. :(

Really sad news. I love Aegean and their onward connections are amazing. Flown with them from Birmingham to Athens, Santorini, Mykonos and Milos.

This could be one for Blue Air who already fly there and have a partnership with Sky Express for onward connections which would really fill the gap left by Aegean.

Terrible flight times and low brand awareness in the region probably didn't help - a twice weekly service probably could have been sustained otherwise.

I didn't get the late arrival times either. Other UK airports had much earlier arrival times.

Ryanair have announced a big expansion at Athens but Stansted is still the only UK route.

I think the timings were down to arriving in Athens early enough to connect onto the morning bank of connections to the Greek islands.

Yes @thunderchild is correct.

Last summer at MAN, they operated 4-weekly: 2-weekly in the morning, 2-weekly late at night to connect to Olympic's 0600am departure bank to the rest of the Greek islands.

They struck the right balance at MAN by offering 2 flights for O&D and 2 flights for connections but unfortunately that wasn't replicated at BHX. For a city break, the timings of the late flight outbound really aren't useful or attractive at all.

Managed to claw back another one. Surprised no one else has reported on this yet - maybe too distracted by the election :ROFLMAO:

"AEGEAN is also adding 3 new destinations to its network directly to Birmingham, Paphos, Bilbao"

Looks to operate twice a week on Tue & Fri.

Didn’t see this coming at all. Good to see the route development team clawing back lost routes/airlines. I guess there won’t be any chance of Icelandair returning until the MAX issue is resolved.

Well that one came out of nowhere but definitely good news to see ATH back (y)

Lets hope that it sticks around this time.

was it only weekly before and similar months ops?

For the first couple of years it was 2x weekly June-Sept, they then tried it for one full summer season before cutting back again and then finally stopping.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock