Good to see the Houston sector picking up - lets hope that recent events in Houston won't have a lasting impact.

Any idea what the dip was for on the MAN-SIN sector in May?

I'm afraid I can't answer the second question, but May is for some reason a quiet month on this route. Perhaps it's the gap between Easter and the start of the summer holiday season?

As for the first part, we can but hope. Same for Florida now...

SQ offering cheap trips to IAH again. Be interesting to track the numbers over this winter. Obviously, the impact of the hurricane cannot be discounted.

Last edited:
There is an interesting flight review on Plane-mad.com, which seems to indicate that loads are good, but I'm unable to ask permission to use it - does anybody else have access to log on to the forum and request the original poster's permission?

There are technical issues with the plane mad forum and I think it's fair to say that it has almost become a private club thru no fault of the site operator or its members.

They simply do not have access to key elements of the software for new members to join. It us what it is.

Now "IF" they could be persuaded over to Forums4 :)

In light of what aceshigh says, and my view that people posting on public forums generally don't mind their comment and content from being reproduced with credit, here is the review @Scottie Dog mentioned.

Thanks to "jimsdad" on plane mad. Link below.

http://mobile.plane-mad.com/forums/manchester/man6935-news-from-2017-onwards.html

Hi everyone.

I returned earlier today on the Singapore A350-900 route from Houston having enjoyed a break there and all its attractions.

Outbound from Manchester I found the seat occupation as almost full in all areas, business, economy plus and economy. A few seats were unoccupied including next to me but very few. It was difficult to judge where all the pax arrived from, some joining like myself at Manchester, some Transiting from Singapore and back onto the same aircraft, and some transferring domestically and internationally through where I work in Transfers Security next to gate one.

A very enjoyable on time flight was enjoyed by myself. The aircraft is great and the service and food was as you would expect from Singapore top notch.

My return this morning arrival Manchester was earlier than scheduled. I was out through Passport Control with recognition machines working, bag collected and home less than an hour after arrival was very pleasing although I stress my flight seemed to be the only arrival.

I asked the check in lady at Houston was the flight full. She said yes. My observations back that up, no free seats seen at all in any class so my thoughts are that Singapore are getting things right.

I was aware of low pax numbers on commencement of the route but now wow what a change. Pax landed in Manchester, again Transit pax onto Singapore and also Transfer pax to the rest of the UK and continent, they do use Flybe to Europe believe me.

As a lady next to me said, the fares are very competitive compared to say BA from LHR who use old B772s on the route. The A350 is a winner, quiet, smooth and NEW!! Singapore staff are brilliant and efficient at what they do. The food is great and IFE is good as well.

Do I have to say more the route and product from a regional like Manchester is a winner for the airline, local people like myself having a choice ( ie not LHR ).

Well done Singapore airlines and also Manchester airport!!

Who needs LHR

Cheers from Jim

SQ offering cheap trips to IAH again. Be interesting to track the numbers over this winter. Obviously, the impact of the hurricane cannot be discounted.

Further to this it is for a limited window - 1 November to 15 December (or thereabouts). Likely to be a quiet period, hope loads remain strong over the winter months, would position well for growth.

Hi Scottie Dog, Aces High and Dobbo and all Manchester members.

This is my first post on this forum under my other name Bilko as my name on Plane-Mad is Jimsdad.

Yes it was my post and I have no problem whatsoever in it being used on this forum its for anyone that's interested in Manchester.

Please feel free to contact me I do work in Security T3 as I said in my review and I'm more than happy to contribute to the forum with thought given beforehand to matters which my employers might regard as sensitive if you understand me.

Cheers everyone Bilko ( aka Jim )

Welcome @Bilko !

Thanks for your review, I found the content interesting and I'm glad you are happy for me to share.

We are a friendly bunch here, and I'm sure all will look forward to your insight and any gossip, rumour or update on the TP is always welcome!

Good to have you on board.

Greeting Bilko/Jim and a very big welcome aboard!

As Dobbo has said we are a (hopefully) very friendly group and I trust that you will find a warm welcome from everybody.

I did use to be a member of "plane-mad" but, having resigned, I was unable to re-register. At least I was able to keep up to date with your posts as a Guest.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask, or if you prefer to you can always Private Message any of the group via the Conversation function at the top right of the screen.

October 2017

SIN-MAN: 168 per sector. (Based on 44 sectors)
MAN-IAH: 119 per sector (based on 43 sectors).

Per IAH statistics, 2,156 pax between SIN and IAH. This is approximately 50 passengers per sector.

Keep your eye on IAH this winter, it is key to this service having any chance of going daily.

Last edited:
Review of SQ business class between MAN and IAH. It is obviously very quiet load wise, but you would expect the airline to permit a test around its most quiet time.

"Very quiet"? It looks deserted. This is Business not First Class so I would have expected a few more punters whether travelling to MAN or on to SIN.

Personally, I would have thought SQ would have wanted a few pax besides the reviewer to show J class and the service was popular.

All depends on when it was filmed, my guess it is a day near Christmas and also when SIA knew
the flight would be low load so as to be not in the way

It’s also worth noting that the SQ J cabin is split into 2 on the A350, so, they may have moved all pax into the forward cabin for ease of service.

It’s well known that IAH is the weak link on the flight but has corporate traffic. Therefore as said, if this was near Christmas. Then those corporate passengers may have finished for Christmas thus a quieter cabin.

Yes I agree as I used to work in business travel and business used to die early December

In the case of IAH, it's probably fair comment about a lull in business traffic near Christmas.

However, it shouldn't be assumed that business class seats on airlines are only filled by business travellers.
If you stand in T2 and watch check-in for VS Upper Class, or CX Business Class, I'd suggest this is apparent. Likewise, for EK in T1. There will be retired couples or wealthy families for example going on holiday who appreciate the extra comfort for long flights while some settle for premium economy if available. (yes, some could be staff perhaps or frequent flyer upgrades, but not all).

As suggested, this may not apply the same for IAH, but it would be interesting to know how many J class seats were occupied when the flight left MAN for SIN.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock