Whilst any additional connectivity is always welcome, I feel this will be of limited value.

Whilst any additional connectivity is always welcome, I feel this will be of limited value.

Will this mean a extra air frame based,or can it be done with the aircrafts based now.

Why do BMI do touch and go training at CWL and not BRS? I know BRS is busier but surely it's not that busy that BMI can't do the training at their own base?

No chance of training at BRS, as it is too busy.
CWL and NQY are the chosen favourites.

Well i hope CWL and NQY make some good money off them! But I'd have thought that BRS still had enough quiet time's to fit them.

In the past BRS used to see a lot of Hercules aircraft from RAF Lyneham and Sea King helicopters from RNAS Yeovilton performing practice approaches. Lyneham is no longer an air base although Yeovilton still has some helicopters there.

About ten years ago when I had an airband radio I heard a 'discussion' between a Sea King pilot and local atc when the helicopter was sent away from the approach for a while because of a busy period for airlines. Something was said about commercial operations taking priority.

I suppose bmi regional don't want to take the risk of being sent away from the circuit for periods when the airport is at its busiest with incoming and outgoing commercial traffic. The quieter times, typically mid morning and mid afternoon, might not suit an airline that is already short on aircraft and crews.

That might also be the reason why in the past couple of years the Red Arrows no longer seem to use BRS for parking when displaying locally. They used to park up on the Southside apron along with bizjets etc.

Well i hope CWL and NQY make some good money off them! But I'd have thought that BRS still had enough quiet time's to fit them.
Bristol worked 64,000 air transport movements in 2017 compared to fewer than 17,000 at Cardiff - there is just no space for efficient integration of IFR training flights without delaying either the training traffic or the commercial flights.
The Reds are likely to operate from Bristol up to 4 days this summer.

Some rumours circling at Bristol that BMI cabin crew based at Bristol have been told to seek employment elsewhere either within the group at a different location or with a different employer.

cannot vouch for it though.

Some rumours circling at Bristol that BMI cabin crew based at Bristol have been told to seek employment elsewhere either within the group at a different location or with a different employer.

cannot vouch for it though.
Will have to see how this plans out. If true it looks like all routes dropped or operated from another airpot with w patterns into BRS. That would sure put a large cost to BMIR.

Bristol is one of their biggest bases and does quite well for bmi. A lot of their mainland Europe work is covered by BRS based crew.
Please be very careful posting such information as not only could it be damaging to BMI but could also create unnecessry worry for the crews.

Will have to see how this plans out. If true it looks like all routes dropped or operated from another airpot with w patterns into BRS. That would sure put a large cost to BMIR. Some thing like this I think should be or try to check out before posting

BMI have announced today that they are suspending their Southampton to Munich service.

I thought they'd stopped it already? Or maybe that was Flybe. Was it operated by a MUC aircraft or a SOU based aircraft?

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock