Superb!

It's nice to see somebody kick-start the Bristol Gallery too! :hatsoff:

The good folks at the local BBC don't seem to use the airport much, or someone would have noticed that this photo is a tad out of date :LOL:

_74273892_hi000094126.jpg

The good folks at the local BBC don't seem to use the airport much, or someone would have noticed that this photo is a tad out of date :LOL:

Only about 14 years out of date but perhaps news takes a long time to filter down to BBC Cornwall. I assumed it was BBC Bristol at first because their local knowledge on anything to do with the area is appalling.

the picture of the old terminal. brings back many thoughyts when it used to sit upstairs and look out over the apron. cant do that with new terminal. it was a cheap afternoon out with always lots going on and it was cheap as well. even car parking then cheap. how things have moved on sinse then.must stop now as will go on for hours.
one more thing now rail line open at dawlish as well. as localyokal said 14 years about to get to cornwall is good going.

I've put a copy of your post in the BRS Nostalgia thread superking.

If you or anyone else wants to reminisce more about the old terminal or anything to do with BRS for that matter they will be very welcome to do so in the Nostalgia thread.

I've put down a few of my thoughts about the old terminal.

http://ow.ly/i/5DCqm

Incredible picture of BRS at sunrise at the beginning of what turned out to be a lovely late spring day.

The top of the control tower and aircraft fins can be seen popping out of the mist as if floating on a tranquil sea.

Hi again, all.

Here are some shots taken a couple weekends ago, and tagged on at the end, one from last week being the easyJet oragne special G-EZUI.

KLM Cityhopper ERJ-190 PH-EZM by philrdjones, on Flickr

Thomson 757-200 G-OOBH by philrdjones, on Flickr

Go 2 Sky 737-400 OM-GTA by philrdjones, on Flickr

Thomson 757-200 G-BYAY by philrdjones, on Flickr

easyJet A319-100 G-EZGP by philrdjones, on Flickr

easyJet A320-200 G-EZWA by philrdjones, on Flickr

easyJet A320-200 G-EZTM by philrdjones, on Flickr

easyJet A319-100 G-EZAP by philrdjones, on Flickr

Ryanair 737-800 EI-DPP by philrdjones, on Flickr

Ryanair 737-800 EI-EME by philrdjones, on Flickr

easyJet A320-200 G-EZUI 200th Airbus Special Livery by philrdjones, on Flickr

All comments welcomed.

Cheers,
Phil

Fantastic pics. Many thanks for posting them.

Excellent photo's thanks for posting them, it's great to see some more from BRS

It certainly is and to have some from a photographer of the calibre of Phil Jones is an added bonus.

I always think that the western end of the airfield, shown in most of these pictures, is one of the most photogenic backdrops to any UK airport featuring as it does the Severn estuary six hundred feet below and the Welsh hills beyond.

Beautiful set of pictures Phil and a little bit of variety too! Is Easyjet UI based at BRS. I'd seen it in PMI a week or so ago?

Beautiful set of pictures Phil and a little bit of variety too! Is Easyjet UI based at BRS. I'd seen it in PMI a week or so ago?

I don't think that UI is at BRS very often. I'm not a spotter so registrations don't mean much to me meaning I'm not aware how often easyJet aircraft are switched around at bases like BRS.

However, I'm often walking in the area around the airport and our house is close to the flight path albeit a few miles from the airport and I think I'd have noticed the all-orange aircraft if it was a regular there.

Hopefully, Phil will give the definitive answer.

image.php

UKR plane on tarmac by kraktoa, hosted on Forums4airports

image.php

Bristol ramp by kraktoa, hosted on Forums4airports

image.php

image.php

All images by Forums4airports very own Kraktoa! :good:

TheLocalYokel said:

I don't think that UI is at BRS very often. I'm not a spotter so registrations don't mean much to me meaning I'm not aware how often easyJet aircraft are switched around at bases like BRS.

However, I'm often walking in the area around the airport and our house is close to the flight path albeit a few miles from the airport and I think I'd have noticed the all-orange aircraft if it was a regular there.

Hopefully, Phil will give the definitive answer.

I have seen it everyday now for the past week. Looks ridiculous, the all orange colour, in my opinion. Like a monumental waste of orange paint.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock