Status
Not open for further replies.
The LGW flight has veen cancelled so hopefully if the fog lifts for 11am the LBA flight will be ontime.
I wish for your sake and mine that it had been on time as I went to get a photo of it today and as you will know only too well, it still hasn't turned up and I am back home now. The LBA arrivals board shows it due at 1500. As for the photo, I will try again next Monday!

Here's a picture of Flybe's new livery which appeared on Dash 8-Q400, G-JECP for first time today.

Looks more like there franchise partnter Eastern Airways Blue & White livery. Only differance being its Purple & White.

40747832_10217101670793450_6029924244366819328_o.jpg

Flybe seem to change their livery more than the wind changes direction at LBA. Why another change, what's wrong with the last one?

Another new livery? Surprising for an airline reported to be struggling financially and considering they STILL haven't repainted all the fleet in the NEW livery introduced only a few years ago. This latest version looks simpler, and presumably therefore, cheaper. Maybe this time they will get around to painting all the fleet before they change it again?

I hope this new livery doesnt turn out to be the final throw of the dice for Flybe in turning around their fortunes through a rebrand. The livery is also quite Eastern Esq. Now does that say anything about their existing franchise partner who, the way they are going, are heading for that great hangar in the sky. I wish both airlines all the luck in the world with T3 needing to take the bulk of that luck. UK regional airlines are generally in a bit of a mess currently. Maybe the odd exception to that, but that comes with having someone in charge who has a very clear focus. Let's hope for a positive outcome all round

Wasn't that the same colours that G-MAJK was painted in as some sort of advertising livery?

Wasn't that the same colours that G-MAJK was painted in as some sort of advertising livery?

It would seem that G-MAJK carried the Full Purple livery, looks like the only J41 to have carried it as well.

Attachments

• F1C830CE-E33C-4B1A-9EDC-26EC5340C973.jpeg
    F1C830CE-E33C-4B1A-9EDC-26EC5340C973.jpeg
    87 KB · Views: 19
I was thinking more of the livery it was in before going into FlyBe colours, but it was actually more blue than purple now that I have a better rummage around google.

What with Flybe struggling financially wise and putting bums on seats it looks like they are now planning to operate very reduced schedule during January 2019 on the Leeds/Bradford - Belfast City route.

Its down to 3x daily SUN/MON/TUE/WED/THU, 5x daily FRI & 1x daily SAT

Good news is that we do see quite a few of them rotations being reinstated in February, it will then operate as follows.

5x daily MON/FRI, 4x daily TUE/WED/THU, 2x daily SAT & 3x daily SUN

The are no cuts being made on its Leeds/Bradford routes to Dusseldorf, Newquay and Southampton (Operated by Eastern Airways)

Last edited:
Some jungle jets on Belfast would be nice instead of the usual trash 8's.

Disappointing as this may be if this plays a part in securing the longer term profitability of BE then I am all for this. The last thing UK aviation needs right now is bigger problems for someone the size of BE

A friend just told me a story of his son arriving at Southampton Airport for his flight to Leeds to be told there were not enough passengers booked for the flight to Leeds so they were put on a mini bus to Leeds instead.
Assuming this is correct its a pretty damning situation which I for one would be most unhappy with.

Do the dates of this coincide with a cancelled flight? When I check SOU loads in GDS they generally look good, but that of course doesn't show yield. Perhaps more UK domestic woe!

I will try to find out but why the hell would they say that to a passenger ?
I had many a journey by coach to Heathrow in the past when BMI canceled the flight but always due to weather related problems.

A friend and I were looking just this evening at taking a trip to Belfast in February time. For the same price as 2 return flights from LBA - BHD, we could drive to Manchester, park the car, pay for 2 return flights with Ryanair to BFS AND get a hotel. It's a no brainer.

Finger66 - Perhaps a large part of the UK domestic woe is down to Flybe themselves. They operate much of the domestic market and it has shrunk considerably over recent times despite high petrol prices and despite the trains being wildly overpriced and, generally, an absolute disgrace. They have ruined Eastern with a preposterous franchise deal, they almost ruined Loganair with a similarly preposterous franchise deal before going into direct competition with them on marginal - at best - routes and they are now utilising Dash 8s on their premium Heathrow services whilst employing their E195s on unprofitable (with that aircraft) routes out of Southend and previously Doncaster. I suggest that the UK is crying out for a vaguely competent operator to provide reliable routes properly without playing politics.

The E195s at Southend are either owned by Stobart Air or leased by them from Flybe. As for the Q400s on LHR I'd have thought that would be the more economical option than using their costly E195s.

A friend and I were looking just this evening at taking a trip to Belfast in February time. For the same price as 2 return flights from LBA - BHD, we could drive to Manchester, park the car, pay for 2 return flights with Ryanair to BFS AND get a hotel. It's a no brainer.

Finger66 - Perhaps a large part of the UK domestic woe is down to Flybe themselves. They operate much of the domestic market and it has shrunk considerably over recent times despite high petrol prices and despite the trains being wildly overpriced and, generally, an absolute disgrace. They have ruined Eastern with a preposterous franchise deal, they almost ruined Loganair with a similarly preposterous franchise deal before going into direct competition with them on marginal - at best - routes and they are now utilising Dash 8s on their premium Heathrow services whilst employing their E195s on unprofitable (with that aircraft) routes out of Southend and previously Doncaster. I suggest that the UK is crying out for a vaguely competent operator to provide reliable routes properly without playing politics.

Totally agree that Flybe have played a big part in ruining domestic connectivity. But equally APD and increased airport security have probably compounded the issue. Our roads are overcrowded, our trains are overcrowded and unreliable and air travel generally expensive. Someone in number 10 needs to take a serious look at what they can do to help. Who knows, that may just then make it viable for a new player to enter the market......................

Totally agree that Flybe have played a big part in ruining domestic connectivity. But equally APD and increased airport security have probably compounded the issue. Our roads are overcrowded, our trains are overcrowded and unreliable and air travel generally expensive. Someone in number 10 needs to take a serious look at what they can do to help. Who knows, that may just then make it viable for a new player to enter the market......................

I would say most of them at number 10 and the government are not really interest what goes on beyond London, which is why our roads are clogged, and trains are awful ( unless you want to go to London !!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock