about 10 years ago,houses were built around Chepstow and the sale of houses were higher fo ppl from the Bristol area than the welsh side. as local said when ever they build houses over the welsh side you will always get a good take up of ppl from the English side. all to do with house and council prices.

There is new housing being built in Newport and the new Plasmawr development will start soon so they may well attract more people from over the bridge to live in South Wales and provide more potential passengers for Vueling and CWL.

Vueling have put on an extra flight to Alicante for Good friday.
ALC-CWL 13.00-14.35 CWL-ALC 15.15-18.45.
Sales must be good for them to add another flight!

Vueling stats for February 2017.
Alicante 3051 average pax 127 LF 68%
Malaga 2136 average pax 133 LF 72%
Rome FCO was 3317 for all carriers Vueling is not differentiated.

Now I know these are winter ops figures but I would have expected better loads on both the Alicante and Malaga routes to be honest. Are Vueling and the airport authority still advertising the routes?

Now I know these are winter ops figures but I would have expected better loads on both the Alicante and Malaga routes to be honest. Are Vueling and the airport authority still advertising the routes?
Most of the airports advertising from the airport tends to focus on the Flybe routes, the new IB Express route and Ryanair's Faro route. Vueling do their own advertising mostly online.

Jerry,

How many ALC flights were there in February? Your figures would indicate 24. AGP's figures indicate 16 flights in the month.

How many ALC flights were there in February? Your figures would indicate 24. AGP's figures indicate 16 flights in the month.
ALC was 3 weekly and AGP was 2 weekly according to SWAG's logs. Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday for ALC and Tuesday and Saturday for AGP. 24 flight for ALC and 16 for AGP.

ALC was 3 weekly and AGP was 2 weekly according to SWAG's logs. Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday for ALC and Tuesday and Saturday for AGP. 24 flight for ALC and 16 for AGP.
Thanks Jerry. I thought that ALC was 2 x weekly as with AGP. I obviously missed the 3rd weekly rotation somehow.

I think both ALC and AGP are due to go 3 x weekly next winter.

I take it this is confirmation of what was announced a little while ago.

Exactly that TLY.

Looking at how VY have been doing this April by looking at the fares they seem to be doing markedly better than last April. Have to wait and see what the stats say but i think it paints a promising picture. Year-on-year growth of around 15-20% by them is no mean feat and given ALC is 5x weekly from March to October this year i wouldn't be surprised to see it daily next year.

They are at the end of May the 27th i think going to do 2 ALC flights on a saturday so i wonder if next year they might go 6 or 7 weekly but offer 2 flights on Saturdays and Sundays? A morning and afternoon flight on each could well work. VY do seem to steadily increasing at CWL year in year out.

Vueling stats March 2017
Paris Orly 287 average pax 72 LF 33%
Alicante 4764 average pax 170 LF 91%
Barcelona 343 average pax 57 LF 31%
Malaga 4058 average pax 156 LF 84%
Palma de Mallorca 359 average pax 90 LF 48%

Last edited:
Vueling have added extra flights for the Champions league
Milan
Saturday 3rd June.
MXP-CWL 08.15-09.20
MXP-CWL 08.50-09.55
MXP-CWL 13.50-14.55
Sunday 4th June
CWL-MXP 03.00-06.05
CWL-MXP 04.05-07.10
CWL-MXP 08.35-11.40
Turin
Saturday 3rd June.
TRN-CWL 09.40-10.45
TRN-CWL 15.25-16.30
Sunday 4th June.
CWL-TRN 02.55-06.00
CWL-TRN 08.40-11.45
Rome
Friday 2nd June
FCO-CWL 21.15-22.45
Saturday 3rd June.
FCO-CWL 00.25-01.55
FCO-CWL 07.50-09.20
FCO-CWL 14.30-16.00
FCO-CWL 14.50-16.20
Sunday 4th June.
CWL-FCO 02.00-05.30
CWL-FCO 06.40-10.10
CWL-FCO 08.25-11.55
CWL-FCO 09.55-13.05
CWL-FCO 14.35-18.05
Monday 5th June.
CWL-FCO 01.50-05.20

Last edited:
Vueling have dropped Alicante and Malaga down to 2 weekly each for winter 2017/18. Alicante has lost it's Wednesday flights and Malaga has lost it's Thursday flights. Both are 2 weekly on a Tuesday and Saturday.

Do you know if this is a general cut-back by Vueling across much of its network next winter?

Do you know if this is a general cut-back by Vueling across much of its network next winter?
Honestly i don't know. I had a quick look at the UK offerings from ALC and AGP and MAN and EDI each seem to be 5 weekly on ALC. They are not served from AGP. BHX though is 2 weekly like CWL on both routes. It could be possible that they don't have enough crew available to cover the flights. Another possibility is that with Alitalia on the ropes Vueling may look at expanding it's operations in Italy and might be looking to move aircraft from bases like ALC and AGP.

CWL appears quite lucky in the fact that it's avoided major culling of frequencies and routes as per the case with many other UK Airports, namely BHX and MAN.

Whilst VY has no direct competition on these routes at CWL, they do with EZY and FR, and i believe they're having more problems in conquering the UK market than they first thought, hence the reason why the CWL services have yet to be increased as some have predicted.

You make a good point, one that had crossed my mind too.

Vueling has also become quite well known in South Wales, which may not be the situation at the likes of MAN and BHX where there are other more 'traditional' airlines with which the public there are familiar.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock