ADVERTISEMENT

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome back to the site Guest !

Airport Experience (Questions & Reviews)

Discussion in 'Leeds Bradford' started by Aviador, Feb 4, 2009.

1. LBAYORKIE

LBAYORKIE Active Member

Friend of mine recently flew from Leeds with a large party to Dublin. Comments were as follows:
    nowhere was open when we arrived- coffee bar specifically mentioned, albeit they did arrive at 03:30!
    also commented that the walkway was very dirty. Not reading much into these comments but customer perception is important.

a300boy likes this.
  2. Tarn Spotter

Tarn Spotter Active Member

I think if you arrive at any airport two hours before it opens for flights or two hours before the last flight leaves all commercial operations will be closed down.
    We flew out of LBA last October at 7.15pm and I have pictures of basically all the ground floor without a soul in sight and virtually all the bars etc were closed.
    In June we flew out of Malaga at 9pm and even the duty free was closed as well as most of the other retail operations. You can only afford to employ staff if they have sufficent customers to serve and obviously the regulations on 4.5 hour total shifts make the starting time crucial to ensure staff in place when really needed, I imagine 5am to 9.30am or similar.
    With regards the dirty walkway, it must be very hard to maintain clean as rubbish can easily blow in as its not completely sealed from the elements. The prevailing wind in the u.k. blows all rubbish straight towards this walkway, its an almost impossible battle to keep clean, unless you ensure no doors etc are ever opened.