If there is to be a third aircraft at BRS - TCX and TOM early versions of schedules are notoriously liable to amendment - it seems from what Foxtrotlimayankee posted recently in the BRS TCX forum that the third aircraft will be an A320. I'm guessing that it might be a third party aircraft of some sort.

LY-VEL is due to arrive today for TCX's Summer Schedule. Hardly inspiring anymore is it ? Haha :singing:

It's 1st flight is DLM on the 1st I believe. Also I think it's only got the basic TCX livery as well.

Last year it was the basic logo on the tail.The rest was white with Thomas cook on either side.

I just raised this in another forum but i'm wondering if this year could be the last of the leased aircraft for CWL? Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium shuts down in November and 2 of their A320's are going to Brussels Airlines and the other 3 are going to rest of the Thomas Cook group. With BRS getting an A320 for 2018 it could be possible CWL also gets one of these Thomas Cook A320's instead of a leased one. If TCX does base their own aircraft at CWL then maybe there could be the possibility of them going year round on a reduced schedule. TOM operates 1 aircraft doing 8 flights a week during the winter and TCX could do something similar.

I just raised this in another forum but i'm wondering if this year could be the last of the leased aircraft for CWL? Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium shuts down in November and 2 of their A320's are going to Brussels Airlines and the other 3 are going to rest of the Thomas Cook group. With BRS getting an A320 for 2018 it could be possible CWL also gets one of these Thomas Cook A320's instead of a leased one. If TCX does base their own aircraft at CWL then maybe there could be the possibility of them going year round on a reduced schedule. TOM operates 1 aircraft doing 8 flights a week during the winter and TCX could do something similar.
They could, if the demand was there. Which I don't think it is. Maybe a shorter winter season could be operated, up to mid December and restarting end of March. It also reduces reallocating pilots or only offering seasonal pilot work. Having a total of 4 aircraft in the South West & Wales area then dropping to a much quieter schedule in the winter will prove difficult to staff.

I see the cwl A320 did the tfs flight into brs over night with the brs pax. it made sense to use the aircraft as saved running empty aircraft round. Its a one of, so next Tuesdays cwl rotation will be a return to cwl.The aircraft then positioned to cwl.

Thomas Cook for March 2017 stat
Orlando MCO 319 LF 99%

Last edited:
Summary of TCX Routes - Summer 2018

I've compared a week in August 2018 to the same week in 2017 of Thomas Cook Airlines schedule from CWL:

Number of routes operating per week:
2017: 11
2018: 11

Number of flights per week:
2017: 15
2018: 15

Number of aircraft based:
2017: 1 - (1x A320)
2018: 1 - (1x A320)

Weekly Frequencies: (a '[+]' or '[-]' represents change from 2017)

3x Weekly

Majorca (PMI)

2x Weekly
Tenerife (TFS)
Zante (ZTH)

1x Weekly
Lanzarote (ACE)
Bourgas (BOJ)
Dalaman (DLM)
Ibiza (IBZ)
Larnaca (LCA)
Menorca (MAH)
Reus (REU)
Rhodes (RHO)

SUMMARY
Summer 2018 sees no changes from Summer 2017

Looks like G-VYGK is the aircraft that has operated the last Thomas Cook MCO departure from CWL. Hopefully we'll see the this service return to CWL in the future.

Looks like LY-VEL went tech this morning so an A321 from MAN, G-TCBD operated the 07.00 PMI flight 4 hours late it departed at 11.00.
LY-VEL did though operate the IBZ flight departing 30 mins late at 14.20.

Looks like LY-VEL went tech this morning so an A321 from MAN, G-TCBD operated the 07.00 PMI flight 4 hours late it departed at 11.00.
LY-VEL did though operate the IBZ flight departing 30 mins late at 14.20.

There was also around a 4 1/2 hour delay to MT1144 on Wednesday morning due to a tech problem, the aircraft made up a lot of time up in day, thankfully compared to two seasons ago when Avion Express last operated here, the operation has improved this season with only a handful of delays, LY-VEN I believe seemed to have numerous problems that season. I can't remember having too many problems when the A321 was based here, neither with the TCX A320s.

Looking at flight radar today you have to feel a bit for passengers on flight MT1016 from LGW to LCA, departed earlier for LCA with around a 8 hour delay, Delays will happen over the course of the year, just unfortunate when your on the end of one.

Yeah it is unfortunate delays do happen. In the new year i had a 4 and a half hour delay on my Seattle to Paris flight and then missed my connection to Cardiff had to go via LCY in the end. That is a slight bonus for the TCX passengers in that they don't have any connections to catch.
It'll be interesting to see if next year if we get Avion back or one of the former TCX Belgium A320s.

I don't know if its wishfull thinking that the post on another forum points to a TC based A321 summer 18.

I don't know if its wishfull thinking that the post on another forum points to a TC based A321 summer 18.
The speculation seems to be based around the thought that two bases (EMA and STN?) will be third-party aircraft next summer. I presume they are TCX 321s at the moment.

A third-party 320 is likely to be at BRS next summer to join the two current TCX 321s.

Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium is shutting down down in November. 2 of the aircraft are going to Brussels Airlines which will be operating their flights. 3 other aircraft are being distributed around the TCX group. So if CWL were getting a TCX own aircraft I'd imagine it would be one of them, personally i think it would be great for CWL to get an A321 as it would show that TCX has confidence in their CWL operation but i just can't see it happening.

I think a A321 is more likely as in an other form it says that the 757s are go to condor and the there A321 are going to Thomas cook uk and there more A321 in condor then Thomas cook fleet of 757 so the A320 will go to condor which makes them lose no aircraft

Last edited:
CWL used to have a TCX A321 based in summer but it was replaced three or four years ago by a third-party A320.

Back along in the other forum it stated the 757 that went to condor will be back in the TCX fleet next summer 18.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock